Prologue

TESSA COLE

Tessa Cole was sitting at the airport waiting for her flight.

She had been sitting for over half an hour now.

Glancing around the airport, she found herself bored to death. Even if there was flutter of butterflies in her tummy due to the excitement.

She looked down at the magazine in her hand.

Every magazine held the same picture for the front cover, a teary Alexis Beckett and hopeful Logan Hunt on his one knee in front of her, a ring in one hand and Lexi's hand in his other hand.

She smiled as she remembered that day. She hated him for making Lexi cry every time. When Logan had come to her and Kayla for help, they had just given him idiotic suggestions. More like lessons. The guy was confused beyond hell.

Taking pity on him, they had finally told him that a grand gesture would help. And Sydney had hinted at how a gesture is very grand when it's in front of thousands of people.

Tessa smiled and shook her head. Lexi was settled. She finally had a place of her own, a fashion house of her own and now she even owned a resort. She was happy. And Tessa was, too. Lexi had been her parent, her sister, her mentor, her everything. She would've done everything in her power to make her happy. And after a few days, she thought maybe she too deserved a little happiness

So when Logan proposed Lexi, Tessa couldn't help but imagine herself in place of Lexi and Dave in place of Logan.

She liked Dave. If she was honest with herself, she was falling for Dave.

Dave had been living with her for quite a while but suddenly he had up and left.

After a bit of emotional blackmail, she had gained his address as to where he lived in Australia through Logan.

So she had packed her bags.

The moment Lexi said Yes to Logan, Tessa felt like she should confess her feelings to Dave. Lexi was now busy planning her wedding that would be next year. The woman had already made a mess in her new apartment as she balled up paper after paper of unsatisfactory sketch of a wedding gown.

Tessa shook her head calling her sister silly in her mind. She finally had someone. And now Tessa to wished to have someone to lean on. Not just anyone. But Dave.

But Dave had been AWOL for a whole of four weeks now.

He was a doctor so she could understand if he had some emergency or something. But he didn't call or text or did anything for that matter.

All Tessa wanted was some answers.

And she hoped she would get it.

Soon.

********

It had been nearly four hours since she touched down at Sydney.

She had booked a suite in one of the hotels.

She still felt nervous about her decision. She paced and then paced and then paced some more. She could even see the tracks that she made in the carpet due to her pacing.

She thought of calling Dave. But then it wouldn't be much of a surprise right?

So with a sigh, she changed into a sundress and heels. She grabbed her purse and stepped out of her room.

She searched the email that Logan had sent her.

Reading it out to a driver, she sat in the cab and counted the minutes that took for her to reach Dave's house. At least that helped to calm her nerves down.

The sun was setting. He must've been home by now, she guessed.

Seeing the lights on, she felt the flutter of butterflies go wild in her stomach.

"I am ready." She muttered to herself as she smoothed a hand down the skirt of her dress.

Placing one foot in front of other was hard but she had to. She wanted Dave. She was falling for him and she needed to tell him that.

Reaching the doorstep she rang the doorbell.

She smiled thinking what Dave's reaction would be. Her life would change from here on now. She was going to tell him and she was pretty sure that Dave reciprocated her feelings.

What she didn't expect was the heartbreak that awaited her behind the closed door

*******

Yay. I started the second book.

Vote and comment guys.

-Nami