Forgive Me

Chapter 22 - Forgive Me

TESSA COLE

Tess turned away from him wanting to hide in her office to check out her arm. While she was in the court, she had stretched her arm and banged it against the desk. She needed to check on the bandages. She had felt her wound open as the bandages chaffed her skin.

"Tess, we have to talk." She didn't wait. Her office was just ten steps away.

Two steps and she was whirled around by Dave. Her arm connected with his to flung his hand away and a cry escaped her lips.

"What?" He asked. But it was too late.

Cal had taken her jacket when he went to get whiskey.

The blood seeped through her crisp white shirt.

"What the fuck is this?"

"Leave me alone." She hissed and ran in her office.

Dave followed and Tess panicked. She closed herself in the bathroom and fished out her phone.

"Help me. Please."

********

" You can come out now." She heard Logan's voice.

Peeping through the door  she looked around just in case Dave would come out of nowhere.

"What happened?"

  Tess explained everything and showed him her arm.

"You've got to go to a doctor. You should've let Dave see to it."

"It's not that bad."

"It is bad. You were drunk. You didn't know how deep the wound is. I know. You need to go to a doctor. To him. Because you need to get this out."

"Why the fuck is her arm bleeding?"

Tess closed her eyes at Dave's voice.

"You said he left." She turned to Logan and looked at him accusingly.

"No. I told you that you can come out because you can. And yes he left. To get coffee. You have whiskey but not coffee. What kind of office is this?"

"Mine. And now you both get out."

"Boss?"

She heard a calm, cold voice. A voice that said 'I got your back.'

"Yes Cal?"

"May I do the honors?"

Before she could say yes, Logan turned to Cal. "I know what you're capable of Cal. I know what you are."

Calvin's eyes went blank. For a moment he got crazy scary.
"You don't know shit."

"I don't know everything because of your confidential shit but I know enough. I trust you to keep Tess safe and you've done a lot. I appreciate that. But Tess needs to hash this out with him."

"What are you talking about?"

"He was- "Logan started

"Contract killer. Strictly government jobs. Thought I'd make a difference by doing good by the states. They turned me into a killer who killed for their own advantage. I was just a hired grunt. So I left."

"Won't they send people after you?"

"I have files on everyone, boss. They thought I'm a grunt. I'm the best hacker there is. I got files on every single one of them. They won't touch me with a ten foot pole. If they kill me, their dirt goes on air."

That answered how Cal easily managed to get into Zach's so called "tough" security.

Dave let out a low whistle, "That's seriously fucked up."

"It doesn't matter. That's my past. I gave that shit up years ago." He turned to Dave."but don't think I can't kill you and hide your body. Nobody will ever find you."

"Cal. No killing."

"Nobody let's me do the fun shit nowadays." He shrugged and leaned his hip against her desk.

"Logan, I'm not talking to the guy."

"Then why take his case?"

"Because he is family." She said. "Because I had to. One last time. Because I hoped. Because I wanted to. Because I still lo-" She clamped her mouth shut before she could do the damage. Her voice had raised as every word slipped from her lips and she had come to her senses before she said anything.

Yes she loved him. She loved him and she needed no particular reason for it.

Tessa shook her head. "It doesnt matter anymore. I don't want him here and I'm done hurting myself."

"You have to solve this right here, boss. You wouldn't know anything until you've lost that someone. And then you'd wish you had one more moment with 'em. But you don't get it. Trust me. It's better to have your answers before they leave you." With that said Cal took a swig out of the bottle. "Call me if you need me, boss. I'm right on the ground floor."

Logan looked at Cal with pity.

Tess chanced a look at Dave where he stood with shock in his eyes.

"You.. you l-"

"Shut up." She yelled.

Dave dropped the two coffee cups and strode towards her.

Tess backed with every step he took forward. "Stay right there. Or I'll-"

Before she could say anything, Tess was backed up against the wall, Dave at her front with his lips against hers.

She didn't kiss him back. She didn't need the memories. She didn't need him.

Dave pressed a series of kisses along her jaw all the way to her earlobe. His hands lightly squeezed her waist.

"I'm sorry, Tess. Just... Please. Forgive me. I'm so very sorry."

The fight left her body as she sagged in his arms.

Tess didn't hug him back but she let him take her in his arms. That one apology that she felt came from his heart broke all her walls.

And with an anguish she let out a roar and cried in his arms.

********

I know. Calvin had some serious past right?

I wanted him to just be an assistant. But then I watched this movie Red and I wanted him to be a contract killer and some badass.

Some serious fucked up shit but hey that changes nothing between Tess and Dave so I thought what the hell?

Vote. Comment.

- Nami