Time Away

Chapter 26 - Time Away

TESSA COLE

"What are you doing, Tess?"

Tess blinked against the tears as she stuffed more clothes in her bag.

Lexi had come to Tess, gnawing her lip. When she'd seen Tessa's face she had let go of our worries and sat down on the sofa with her.

Sydney came fifteen minutes later with a plastic bag full of pregnancy tests.

"I told you to get one."

"You didn't tell me which one." Sydney replied

"Nobody saw you right? I don't want your face on the first page. You get me?"

"Oh come on. I even wore a wig that Jay gave me once."

"Good."

Lexi had beelined to the bathroom while Sydney walked in on Tess packing her bag, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"Stay out of it, Syd."

"Where are you going, Tess?"

"Somewhere away. From Dave. From you."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Tess didn't answer her. She called Cal "Pack your bags. We are going."

"I'll be there in half an hour."

He answered. That's what she liked about Cal. That guy always had her back. He never asked questions. He was always there when she needed someone.

"Tess."

"I need some time away."

"It's negative." Lexi came in and sighed.

"What are you doing, Tess?"

"I'm going." She zipped her bag. And started throwing in all her toiletries in her tote.

Lexi walked over to her and hugged her.

She quietly slipped something in Tessa's pocket.

"That's my suite at the resort. Take care, okay." Lexi whispered so that Syd won't hear it.

"Thanks."

"I'm not letting go before you answer my question." Sydney interjected.

"What?" Tess snapped.

"What did you mean when you said away from me? I didn't do anything to you."

"Why can't you both just let it go for once? Aren't you both happy to break me all over again? What do you want more? Will you be happy if I'm dead?"

"What the fuck are you saying?"

"Sydney." Lexi warned.

"No. I wanna hear it. I had enough of her taunts. She clearly resents me and I wanna know why." Sydney

"Because he loves you. He hates me but he loves you. He wants you. He let's me go but he holds on to you. And I can't see that anymore Syd. I'm tired of your games. I really am. I just can't watch you guys hanging out together."

"What the fuck is she talking about?" Lexi frowned.

"We are not dating, Tess."

"No you're not. But he loves you."

"No you dumb woman. He loves you. He loves you and you alone."

"You went to meet him a year ago. You told me he cried. He didn't say anything but he wasn't alright. He'd been drunk for days. So you called Zach because you had to come back. He wasn't ready to let you go but you had to." Tess reasoned

"You idiot. He wasn't ready to let you go because he was seeing you everywhere. He didn't know what was right or wrong. He said that he saw you but didn't know if you were real. I didn't know that you were really there. I thought you were with Lexi so I told him that it wasn't you. He didn't tell me exactly what happened between you because he didn't quite remember."

Tessa dropped down on the bed.

"He loves me?"

"He loves you."

"He let me go. It doesn't matter Syd. He never does hold on to me. I don't trust him. What if later, he decides that he doesn't loves me. The whole time I'll be wondering when he'll leave me."

"Tess.-"

"No Syd. She needs time." Lexi shook her head and stopped the argument.
A horn resounded and her gaze snapped to the window.

"Go. Call me okay." Lexi urged

Nodding her head she left.

She ran out the door and into the car.

She needed some time to decide what to do. And after that day she'd never ever let anyone get to her.

*******

Vote. Comment.

- Nami