Let's Go

Chapter 28 - Let's Go

TESSA COLE

"How many times do I have to tell you? Alexis Beckett is my sister. She gave me the key to her suite."

"Sorry ma'am. We can't help you." The manager said apologetically

A guard walked out from her room with her bag.

"Don't touch my bag."

Calvin suddenly came out of nowhere and had the guard pushed against the wall. He pulled the guards hands behind his back and the suitcase thumped on the floor.

"The woman said not to touch her bags. Maybe you'll understand her when I'm done with you."

"Oh god. I can't even sue anybody here." Tess groaned.

"Ma'am?" The woman looked so troubled that Tess slapped her forehead.

"Call Mr. Hunt. I'd like to talk-"

"Ma'am we can't just call him out of the blue. You can talk-"

"Well she did talk but you don't understand it, do you Lynn? I told you to talk to her politely. I didn't tell you to haul her out. "

"You're kicking me out?" Tess screeched.

"Cal. Let go of the guard." Logan commanded.

Reluctantly he let go.

"Now. You missy, you're in a very big trouble. You cannot, I repeat cannot, go anywhere without telling me, is that clear?"

"I'm not a baby."

"You're whining like one."

"Logan. I can quit and I can stop working for you."

"That won't help you. You're still my sister in law."

The manager gasped at that and Tess turned to her. "Now you get it?"

"I - I umm.. I'm s-sorry."

"You're fired, Lynn."

The manager squared her shoulder and nodded, "I'm sorry, Sir. I'll be out in an hour."

"Don't you dare. You're not fired. He's throwing a temper tantrum. Lynn, you have your job. If he says anything else, we'll sue him."

"Great. Gang up on me." Logan rolled his eyes.

"This is entertaining." Calvin muttered

" Shut up Cal." Logan and Tess snapped.

"Since Lynn is not fired, she can show you to the room I got for you. I need my suite."

"Why do you need your suite?"

"I just need it. Just go Tess. Trust me."

"Fine."

Tess followed the manager clad in suit.

"Nice ass." She heard Cal mutter.

"Shut up Cal."

"Thank you, Mr Henning." The manager muttered without turning.

She opened a door for Cal and he entered in not before giving his number to her.

She handed the key card to Tess.

"Its that door right there." She pointed to the door next to Cal's

"Okay." She said and took the card from her.

She entered her room and dropped down her bag on the floor.

She took a step forward and a whiff of jasmine scent stopped her in her tracks.

"What..." She trailed off as she looked at the room.

The light were set on dim. Scented candles were placed on a foot table in front of the sofa, on the piano that was pushed near the floor to ceiling windows, on the counter that held a beautiful glass statue of a mermaid.

She removed her heels and felt rose petals under her feet.

"Rose petals on freaking carpeted floor. This is ridiculous."

But inside her heart was doing a happy dance. This was what she expected from Dan. She kind of thought it was Dan.

She followed the trail od the petals to the bedroom.

Three dresses were placed with a square velvet covered box on each dress. And a box at the foot of the bed under each dress.

Now she was sure this was Dan. But somewhere deep down she hoped that this was all from Dan.

A turquoise mermaid dress with venus neckline, a gold belt at the waist.

A black off shoulder, high low dress with a layer of tulle.

A violet evening gown with black jeweled heartshape neckline and a slit at the side that ran down her thigh.

She fell in love with the violet dress at the very first look.

Picking up the card she sat down on a chair that was placed near a desk.

Have a nice bath and meet me downstairs in an hour. I'm waiting.
- DM

The initials got her heart racing. It was David. Dave was here and he had done all this. And what did he mean nice bath.

She dropped down the card and raced over to the bathroom.

Opening the door she was stunned to look at the range of scented candles, a glass of wine on a marble seat and steam coming off of the jacuzzi. A soft music played from somewhere. She was falling in love with the rooms. And also with Dave for everything he did.

She walked over to the jacuzzi, to find it full of bubbles.

Damn. Tess melted right there at the gesture. This was more than she wanted.

Stripping of her tank top and her Capri and her underwear, she stepped in the hot water and sighed.

Resting her back against one side she relaxed and reached over for the glass.

For the next hour she relaxed in the bath. The music stopped and she knew she'd have to get out. But she didn't want to. Five more minutes later she stepped out, wrapping herself in the bathrobe hanging on the hook behind the door. She wrapped a towel

She walked out and donned the violet gown. Opening the velvet covered box she was shocked to see a diamond necklace with a pair of teardrop earrings.

Wearing them on, she pulled her hair up in a messy bun and applied a bit of a makeup.

She still had five minutes so she opened the box and removed a pair of black scrappy stilettos. Wearing them she took a deep breath and let herself out of the room.

Taking the elevator down, she stood in the lobby waiting for Dave but couldn't see him anywhere.

Is this a prank ?

After waiting for ten minutes she turned only to hear her name being called out by a familiar voice.

"Hey. Where are you going? We have to go this way." Sydney said as she wrapped an arm around Tessa's shoulder.

"Oh. " That was all Tess could mutter.

"Nervous?"

"Why would I be?"

Sydney smiled but didn't say anything.

"Let's go."

"Let's." She nodded.

She was ready to see him again.

********

Vote. Comment

- Nami