That's My Boyfriend

Chapter 10 - That's My Boyfriend

TESSA COLE

"I don't know why I took it when I got the call from Danvers. I thought it wouldn't matter. That I'd take him as my client and act professional." She muttered as she looked out of the window.

The lies just kept pouring out of her because she was angry when she saw Dave and Syd hugging each other. Actually it was the sentence that did her in.

Thank you for being there for me , Syd

As if she never had been there for him. As if he didn't even know if he had spent a month with a girl named Tessa.

A hand dropped on her shoulder. She looked at Dan. Most people said that Dan was a playboy and all kinds of shit she thought would be true. But the two weeks she had spent with him, she pegged him as a gentleman. He understood her. Something even Dave didn't. Not even when they were together. But still she couldn't connect with Dan like she connected with Dave.

"It's okay. " he muttered

"How did you even know where I was?"

"Cal told me." He shrugged and returned his hand to the wheel.

After momentsbof silence he sighed and said "I know that you still have feelings for him. I know that you aren't over him. And I know I'm a selfish fool because I'm going to ask you to give me a chance. I don't know what he did Tess but I won't ever let that smile fall."

Tess smiled at that. Nobody ever said such things to her. She never had a guy say things like that to her. Lexi had a horde of men trailing behind her because yeah, she was beautiful. She heard hundreds of men say stuff like that to her. And Tess? Tess was just a cute sister.

But for the first time she felt that maybe she needed to take a step towards her own happiness. And what better way to do that other than the man asking for a chance to be with her?

********

"What are you doing here?"

Tess frowned. She knew that voice. She couldn't place it where exactly she heard that.

"What the hell is going on?"

Tessa's eyes flew open. Lexi. That was Lexi.

Tess flung her sheets aside and ran out of her room. Lexi stood there in her favorite denim jumpsuit whose pants only reached midthigh. Her hair pulled in a high ponytail and a frown marring her forehead.

Tess smiled as she rushed over to her sister and pulled her in a hug.

She had missed Lexi for the whole of six months.

"What is that?" She asked pointing towards the kitchen. Tess whirled around to see no one.

"What?" She asked Lexi

"That" Lexi pointed again.

Tess frowned and looked back towards the kitchen only to see Dan walking in the living room, a mug of coffee in hand.

He must have been in the shower because his hair was still wet and the man had just a towel wrapped around his waist.

Water slid down from the hair at his nape, on his shoulder and down his chest. The scar on his cheek had faded a bit but she still could see it and it only made the man more handsome.

She sighed. Dan was a sexy man. But she still couldn't being herself to have sex with him.

Every night when she'd think this is it, she would end up imagining Dave instead of Dan and she couldn't do it. Dan had been with her for six months now. The man had amazing patience. Or maybe he was cheating on her.

Tess didn't feel anything at the thought of him cheating on her.

"I'm waiting" Lexi said from behind her, the tapping of her foot quite loud.

"That's my boyfriend."

Tess was suddenly grabbed by the shoulders and whirled around.

"What?"

"Yes."

"Tess-" Lexi frowned. She hated Lexi warning her off everybody.

"I know. But he makes me happy." That's what she said to herself everyday.

Lexi gave her a watery smile
"If he makes you happy, then I'm cool with it."

She pulled Tess in for another bear hug and then took her arm and dragged her towards the couch.

"So. He slept here?" Lexi asked, mischief twinkling in her eyes.

"Yeah."

"So. Is he good?" Lexi wiggled her eyebrows and Tessa wrinkled her nose.

"I'm right here ladies."

"Shut up, Daniel. Do not listen in on the girl talk."

"Can we not talk about that?" Tessa mumbled suddenly embarrassed.

"C'mon. The man is practically sitting on the edge of the couch to know your opinion." Lexi insisted.

Actually Dan had his back against the backrest, his head lolled on the back of the couch.

"You don't have to answer that." Dan said quietly

" Yes, she has to." Lexi said firmly.

The two of them started bickering. While Lexi was being playful, Dan was becoming more sullen. Lexi must still be in her happy mood not to notice Dan's change of tone.

The bickering became so loud that her ears started to ring. Or was it just loud for her?

Frustrated she yelled, "We haven't slept together yet okay?"

Actually they did sleep together. Dan would just sleep in her bed and snuggle with her as if she was his teddy bear. But never did he complain about not getting laid or anything.

"Oh. Just started dating, have you?"

"No Alexis. We've been going out for six months."

Tess never called her Alexis. Lexi would pick up on that.

Tess turned around and walked in to her room.

Her life was a very big disaster. She didn't fucking know what was going on.

"Thank you very much" she heard Dan mutter.

"I didn't -" she didn't hear what Lexi said because she closed her door and collapsed on the floor, tears running down her cheek.

She cursed the day she had born.

Because everybody seemed to abandon her.

Her father.

Her mother.

Her friends.

Dave.

And she knew eventually, Dan would, too.

Vote. Comment.

- Nami