Disaster

Chapter 4 - Disaster

TESSA COLE

Tessa stirred her drink. The ice had long back melted.

Everything was going just fine back at Kayla's place. They had set up lights in the backyard. She even had a pool.

Kayla Summers had cooked what she called finger food. Tessa and every other woman had thrown caution to the wind and had hogged the fried food in minutes.

They had even lounged in the pool, in their bikinis. After a couple of margarita's and a glass of awfully sweetened cocktail by Sydney, Lexi had suggested to go to a bar since she couldn't drink anything other than her bourbon. Alexis and her bourbon. Pffft. Tessa had believed that at first. And then she knew why Lexi was so persistent. All because that woman couldn't control her hormones for a night.

Anyways, it was her bachelorette party. And if that made Lexi happy, then so be it

But she didn't know why she wanted to get drunk. She just wanted to drown in whiskey. She didn't know when she had turned towards it.

One day she had been in her office crying her heart out at night and Cal had brought a bottle of Jack Daniels and she had finished the whole bottle all by herself.

She liked the burn she felt as it went down her throat.

Shaking the thoughts of day, she steeled herself. No more crying. Even if today, after seeing him, she did want to shed a few tears... But still.

"No crying" she muttered to herself

The party had finished the moment Sydney had gotten herself drunk. Thank god, Kayla had agreed to drive her home.

Tessa couldn't finish her drink at the bar after she saw Dave there.

So she had come home and opened a bottle of Glenlivet that once Logan had brought there.

Pouring a drink for herself, she kept stirring her drink. She sat down on her bed and kept thinking of the moment she had seen Dave, Sean hanging on his shoulder.

That moment Tessa wanted to go and talk to him. But she remembered every detail of that night. The night she had gotten her heart broken. The night when Dave had said she was useless, that she did nothing but follow her sister like a lost pup.

That she was worth nothing to him.

Nothing more hurting than a guy telling you, you were useless.

Tears stung. But she kept them at bay.
Swallowing down the contents of the glass she sat on her bed and put on her headphones.

*****

Tessa woke up with a jolt. She ran her hand through her hair and found her headphones tangled in her hair.

The sound of somebody pounding the door jolted her from her place.

"What the hell?" She screamed and then winced.

Somebody was pounding at the door. And that somebody was certainly going to get killed.

Tessa threw back the covers and was out of her room. Her stomach churned and she wanted to throw up. Placing a hand on her stomach she told herself later

Because first she was going to kill the person who was trying to break her door. Moving as fast as she could she opened her door and found the familiar platinum blonde beauty standing there in a peach gown with her reflectors on. One hand on her hip and the other curled in a fist which was pulled back as if to strike.