Long Bad Day

Here's to cheekycocktail and diamanteazul4 for being so supportive.

This one for you guys. Thank you

Chapter 8 - Long Bad Day

TESSA COLE

Tessa raked her hand through her hair that had grown like a weed once she had stopped cutting them.

She needed a trim but she didn't even have time for that.

Looking at her phone for the umpteenth time she sighed. No calls or texts from Lexi. Logan was keeping her too damn busy and Tess just wanted to listen to her sister's voice. It had been over two weeks since their wedding. And she had yet to hear anything from Lexi.

Tess didn't particularly like what she was feeling. Being in the same room for a day with the man who broke her heart, had her on the verge of pulling her hair out. Having him in the same city as hers was bothering her. And wasn't that a bitch. They had come face to face twice now. And she didn't like the least bit that every time he was there with Sydney.

"Yo boss." Cal called out

"What?" She yelled frustrated

"I stole a bottle of Daniels from my dad's collection. What say?"

"I say you better get your butt in here and pour me a glass."

Tessa smiled weakly. Cal knew how hard she was being on herself. She had spent the whole day outdoors. At the court.

And she had touched down at the office at around 6 in the evening.

"Knock, knock." She jumped up startled.

"You might as well knock rather than startling me like that." Tessa smiled as she got up from her chair and walked barefooted towards the tall figure in suit.

"What are you doing here?" She asked Dan as she threw her hands around him and hugged him.

"I thought we could go for some drinks." He asked more than stated as they broke apart.

"... Or we could drink here." He muttered as he looked at Cal who entered her office with a bottle and two glass.

" Another glass, Cal." She said as Dan took the stuff from his hands and she plopped down on the floor, her back against the sofa.

Cal came in with another glass and sat in front while Dan sat down beside her.

"So Dan what have you been upto?" Cal asked.

In the two weeks succeeding the wedding, Dan and Tess had become quite good friends. They met almost every other day.

Dan had often come to the office to take her out for lunch or for drinks. Cal and Dan had even become friends in a few days.

"Nothing much. Just trying to find a way to get rid of my mother."

Tessa rolled her eyes at that. Catherine Hunt loved all the three brothers. She insisted to meet all of them - her too, now that they were practically family - once a month atleast.

And even though the three brothers acted as if they couldn't get away from their parents, she knew that they loved their mother more than they showed.

She punched his shoulder playfully.

"Aww poor you."

"Shut up." He grumbled as he picked up the glass that Cal had filled and downed in one take.

"Whoa, bad day" she asked softly.

"A very long, bad day."

"Where were you?"

"Just flew in from Spain."

"When did you even go?"

"Two days ago."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Not right now." He slid down half lying on the ground, half upright and rested his head on her shoulder.

"I'm tired of everything Tess." He murmured.

Tess didn't say anything. Because right now, all he needed was a shoulder to rest his head on and nothing else. She knew it because she felt just like that eight months ago.

Cal poured some more drinks.

Downing his glass in one gulp, he said "I'm on my two drink limit. I've to drive back home so I need to be in my right mind. You'll be alright?"

Tessa nodded and Cal left.

"What do you think of me?" He asked after minutes of silence.

"I think that you're a very good man."

"Do you really think so?" Tessa looked down at him.

He had raised up from her shoulder but he remained close to her.

He was looking at her with such sincere look, Tess had never seen before.

His deep blue eyes filled with an emotion Tess didn't recognize.

"Yes, I do." She whispered.

He was so close, Tess could feel his breath blow a few strands of hair near her neck.

His eyes slipped to her lips.

All Tess could think was no this couldn't happen

But somewhere at the back of her mind a voice whispered.

He moved on. He doesn't need you. You need to move on.

She remembered Lexi saying that one day will come when she'd be tired of waiting at take a step forward.

But Tessa was waiting for no one. She just knew that what Dave did, broke her heart. She didn't know if she could trust Dan.

Fuck trust. Take a step forward. Her conscience muttered.

Dan raised his head up a bit and she leaned down to meet his lips.

Dan was... nice. He didn't dominate, neither did he force himself on her.

He let her take the lead and she molded her lips to his.

She felt his lips soft and warm but there was no electricity between them. Like when she kissed Dave.

She didn't need to think about Dave. It wasn't right that she thought of him while she was kissing someone else.

She broke the kiss and looked at Dan who was looking at her as if he was seeing her for the first time.

"Am I drunk? Or did we just kiss right now?"

Tess ran her finger over her lips.

"I guess we just did."

A silence spread between them. Tessa didn't know what would comer out of his mouth next. He could either be playful about it or suggest a one night stand.

But Dan was full of surprises.

"Would you like to go out for dinner tomorrow?"

********

Sorry for the late updates guys.

Vote. Comment.

- Nami