It's An Acquired Taste

Chapter 4 - It's An Acquired Taste

DAVID MILES

The wedding went well. The whole resort was looking... colourful.

Every nook and corner was covered in blues and greens.

The open area at the back of the resort which was a dining area and only had two dozens of tables, now was packed with almost fifty tables.

The pathway that lead to the garden from the dining area was covered with lilies. The trees on either side and the lilies strewn path led to the open garden where white chairs were placed on either side, creating an aisle in the middle.

Dave stood there looking at the platform that was set up feets away from where he was standing, for his brother and his wife's marriage ceremony. Chairs covered in white facing the platform were set in a two rows forming an aisle for the bride.

Marriage. Dave didn't know what it really meant. His mother had died giving birth to him. Dave was raised by a single dad who spent most of his time at his company and the rest half with some bimbo of the month.

His father had been married five times. And Dave had been tortured and kicked out of the house by these women when he was little and when he was grown up, he would find 'em in his bed when he'd return home late.

Dave shook his head. Marriage just wasn't for people like him.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

A familiar sweet voice reached his ears. Closing his eyes, he readied himself for some taunt or a sarcasm or more warning.

"Are we not supposed to talk or something?"

Dave opened his eyes.

"I had enough of the 'You're going to get kicked out if you did something' warnings." Dave said without turning back.

"Who said that?"

"Logan. Sean. Dan. Lexi. George. "

"George?" Sydney asked as she stepped beside him.

"Yeah. Apparently, my uncle doesn't like me anymore. He even threatened to kill me and then bury me in his backyard. "

She stood there saying nothing.

Taking one last glance at the remaining of the wedding that happened that very morning, he turned.

Sydney stood there, in her peach bridesmaid cocktail dress watching the decorated garden area.

"Can't help but imagine what would've happened if Logan hadn't met Lexi." Sydney said.

If Logan hadn't met Lexi, then Sydney would be the one marrying Logan while he would never have met Tessa Cole.

Dave looked at Sydney. She was just his type. Platinum blonde hair, blue eyes. A runway model. But she wasn't the one who he thought about frequently.

Logan and Sydney had been childhood friends. And they were also engaged back then.

While Logan had thrown himself into work, trying to find a solution to the engagement they both never wanted, Sydney had fled her home. And Dave had been her friend for a while. He liked Sydney. But god alone knew why he never could imagine himself with her.

Sydney turned to him, "C'mon. Let's go inside."

"I can't."

"Don't worry. Just be with me. As much as other people hate you for whatever it is you did to Tess, I don't care. I mean it is awful that I can't see the girl I came to love but she's successful and she has turned into an amazing person. Plus, whatever did happen, it's between you guys. You were there when I needed you and now, I am going to do the same thing for you." Sydney smiled and wound her arm around his.