Worthless

Chapter 7 - Worthless

DAVID MILES

"It's here." Sean's voice echoed through the hallway.

"What?" He yelled from the bathroom as he grabbed a towel and wrapped around his waist.

"Your shipment" Sean yelled back.

Dave ran out the bathroom so fast that he was sure he had left track marks on Logan's precious carpet.

Sean was in his suit biting on a toast as he talked to someone on Dave's phone.

"Is that Zach?"

Sean looked at him and nodded as he chewed.

"Good." He ran back to the guest room that was temporarily his and threw on his jeans and a black polo.

Raking a hand through his wet hair he looked at himself in the mirror.

He looked better than before. Atleast he didn't have nightmares like the ones he had every night back then. He still had bags under his eyes.

Sighing he walked out and into the kitchen to pour himself some coffee.

"... he's getting better though." He heard Sean say.

Dave froze. Sean didn't know what had happened back there. And Zach didn't know a thing about Tess. If they were talking about him, then it would end in disaster.

He ran out of the kitchen and all but tackled the phone out of Sean's grip.

"What the hell?" Sean growled.

"Hey bud. I'll talk to ya later." He muttered and hung up with a relieved sigh.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Just remember not to even mention her name to Zach." Hoping that Sean would understand to whom he was referring to.

Sean opened his mouth to say something but Dave had already pulled himself up and walked into the kitchen.

He knew Sean would follow him and then give him a piece of his mind that Dave didn't need the least bit.

"What exactly happened back there, Miles?"

Dave expected to be yelled but Sean had done the exact opposite. He forgot that Sean was a person who went straight to the point. He reminded himself that aside from being straightforward, Sean was blunt with his answers.

"What happened back there is none of your concern?"

"I know it's not. Just as I know this is more than Tess. I know there's something going on with you. I don't wanna know if you don't wanna tell me. But it would make you feel better if you could tell me what happened with Tess. You could use an ally right now"

"That -"

"It's putting your relationship with everyone in jeopardy. I just wanna know." Sean insisted

Dave hesitated. War waged within him. 

" Didn't she say what happened?"

Sean smiled.

"The woman has isolated herself. Nobody knows what happened. For now, it's a guess game. But everybody's coming to the same conclusion."

"That is?"

"You broke her."

"Oh god. Not again."

"Yes, you did."