Being Sued

Chapter 11 - Being Sues

DAVID MILES

"I'll sue the fuck out of you!!" The man yelled as he fisted Dave's collar.

"Sir-"

"Don't you dare say another word. You killed my daughter. You could've saved her. "

Dave was getting angrier by the minute.

Save her ?

The 15 year old kid wouldn't be able to survive if he just fit any heart in her chest.

The man was crazy mad. Okay, so he understood the parents instinct but he wasn't going to follow their suggestions.

The man wanted to get the organ from the black market. As if it was that simple.

The kid hadn't had much strength. She had suffered through enough. And even if he could've had her heart transplant, there was still the problem of her severe asthama. The girl coughed as if she had smoked packs of cigarettes at once.

Dave couldn't do what others did. He knew he could give the kid a life. But a life of severe torture?

There was always a chance that the heart wouldn't be compatible with the body even if the blood type matched.

And a heart needed to be tested to see if it could be transplanted.

The girl hardly lived for six hours.

Dave had put a foot down on the father's suggestion and that had enraged the father.

Dave knew the girl hadn't had a chance to live the moment he saw the EMT bring her in on the stretcher.

She went into a cardiac arrest in the ambulance once and on the operation table, the second time. The third time, he just couldn't save her, no matter how many times he tried.

The mother had collapsed on the chair when he had told them that their daughter died.

The security came in and took hold of the father before Dave was punched.

The parents cooled down and dissolved into tears.

But Dave didn't forget the rage in the father's eyes.

********

Dave opened his eyes and found himself in a room he didn't recognize at first.

He sat up and then remembered that this was his new home now.

He had just shifted into his new house. Just, being only two days.

He had gotten a message that Logan was coming home. That meant Lexi would too and she wouldn't like seeing Dave's face there.

Dave flung his sheets aside, slipped into rubber slippers to keep the cold seeping through his feet and grabbed a pair of sweats.

Treading down, stifling his yawn he made his way to the kitchen when he heard the doorbell.

Sighing he walked over to the door and yanked the door with so much force that it almost came out of hinges.

"What?" He growled at the young man standing in his white shirt and black trousers.

"Sir, I need you to sign this."

Not even looking at what it was he signed it.

"Here." He handed him the envelope.

Opening it, his eyes popped out.