Dearly Beloved Pt. 1

Inspired by AmaLee's Dearly Beloved lyrics
Warning: Some low self-esteem problems

Jack slumps in his chair and sighs. He was in a Skype call with Mark, his best friend. Jack had recently broke up with Wiishu and wasn't handling it well. He was dealing with some self-esteem problems since Wiishu said the reason she broke up with him was because she was no longer feeling anything and didn't want to hurt Jack even more. It made Jack wonder what exactly about him turned Wiishu away. He called Mark to help find some comfort. After talking with Mark, he realized that he had a crush on his best friend which didn't help his case. Even if Mark was into guys, he had no chance. They were just best friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Mark frowns noticing that Jack's mood had fallen again.
"What's wrong now?" Mark asks, curious.
"I realized that I have feelings for another person but that I won't ever have a chance with them.." Jack says.
"Mind if I ask who?" Mark asks. Mark had liked Jack for the longest time and hoped it was that Jack was referring to.
"It's you..." Jack says after a moment of silence. He wasn't looking at Mark and Mark didn't say a word. This didn't surprise Jack as he assumed that Mark was silent because the feeling wasn't returned. A few tears fall down Jack's face. "Sorry.." he whispers. Just as Jack was about to end the call, Mark had started to sing. Jack stopped moving and listened.
"One day you will realize, the stars you are chasing
Shine bright deep inside you but will you ever let it
Shine from within and cast all of your fears aside?
You'll see the light but until that day comes
My dearly beloved, be strong, I shall be there
Always here beside you, so keep your head held high
The shadows of this world will try to steal you away into their arms
But you belong in mine," Mark sang. Jack's eyes widen and he looks at Mark who had a smile on his face. More tears fall down Jack's face but these were happy tears.
"Mark.. I.." Jack started.
"Sshhh, it's okay Jack. I will always be here for you. And I'm just glad that you trusted me enough to tell me you liked me not knowing. It will always be alright, I love you Jack," Mark says.
"I love you too Mark.. Thank you.." Jack says with a smile.
"Anything for you my dearly beloved," Mark says.