Garden of Stone

Inspired by: Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight - Gardens of Stone ~ Whiteleaf Memorial Park

Trigger Warning: Death and Suicide. Please, do not read if you don't handle these things well.

Jack sighs softly as he entered Darkwood Burial Grounds. He often came to this cemetery when he needed peace or was feeling lonely. Other than the few workers, Jack was the only one there. Jack was lost in his thoughts as he walked through the place or what he and his ex would call the Garden of Stone. The two of them always came to Darkwood to hang out and relax. They were always seen as the oddballs in school since they seemed to gravitate towards death related themes. A few tears roll down Jack's cheek as his feet carry him along the dirt path that he knew all to well. The green haired man was in early thirties now. He stops in front of an angel statue where his ex had asked him out. It seemed so long ago and it was long ago. Jack continues his way down the dirt path and lets his feet guide him through the place, bringing him to one particular headstone. It was that of his ex. Every week for the past five years Jack had been coming to this particular spot. He goes onto his knees and looks at the headstone.
"Mark... Why did you have to leave me..? I can't stand it here alone anymore..." Jack says, the tears falling even more. "I miss you so goddamn much! I need you! Come back to me! Or let me come to you!" he says. Jack covers his face as he weeps. Normally it wouldn't be this bad but today happened to be the sixth anniversary. Mark had been wrongfully taken from him. Jack could remember how Mark had saved him from getting shot, only to die in the hospital. Jack cries for what seemed like hours. When he finally managed to stop crying, he looked up and blinked. Jack rubs his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things but there he was. Mark, looking gorgeous as ever and with a pair of wings. "M-Mark..?" he croaks, reaching out to touch his deceased boyfriend.
"Hey Jack.. It's good to see you," Mark says with a smile. Mark reaches out and grabs Jack hand. Jack instantly hugs Mark.
"Mark! I miss you so much... Please.. let me come with you!" Jack cries. "I've tried and I can't... It's been six years.."
"I know. I've been watching over you. I think you deserve this," Mark says softly. Jack smiles and pulls out a gun he had been carrying around with him. He steps back from Mark as to not get the beautiful angel all blood spattered. Jack raises the gun to his head and with a smile, pulls the trigger. His limp body falls to the ground with a thud but Jack was still standing.
"Let us go Mark.. I've longed for this day," Jack says softly.
"Yes.. Let us roam this Garden of Stone like we used to," Mark smiles. He walks over to Jack and holds his hand and walks off with the new angel. Darkwood Burial Grounds was once again roamed by the couple, but this time they were there to stay.