The Priest from Ireland

This is inspired by the beautiful game Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. The era is medievalish

A cloaked figure walks alone across an abandoned dirt road under the moonlight. The figure wore a simple black tunic with black leggings and boots. On his hands were dark green fingerless gloves. The cloak with white with green Celtic knots along the edges and then a giant green Tree of Life on the back and a smaller one on the hood. The figure was a male in his late twenties. He had piercing blue eyes, some surprisingly well kept facial hair and a swath of green hair on top of his head. This man was a priest from the small Irish village of Athlone. He had traveled across the ocean to the new country of America to figure out a way to stop the curse that has been spreading across the world. The man knew that it started here in this new land, this dark sorcery, and it managed to spread across the ocean to his home. The man, known as Jack by his people, was sent to go seal off this sorcery. Jack was determined to do whatever he could to stop this wretched curse. The only protection he carried on himself was his priest magic and a sacred crow feather of The Morrigan. Jack had already come across multiple curse creatures on his journey to stop their king, a man by the name of King Cryaotic. One of King Cryaotic's followers, a knight by the name of Ken, had already tried to stop him. The hooded man sighs as he thought about that fight. He looks up and he spots a place of sanctuary. Jack quickens his step and eventually reaches the place of sanctuary. There were a few others there who welcome him in and make sure he's comfortable. Jack thanks them and noticed a man laying on a bed with red colored hair. Jack taps one of the priestesses on the shoulder.
"May I inquire as to who that man is and what has befallen him?" Jack asks, gesturing to the red haired man.
"Him? Oh that's Sir Mark, one of King Cryaotic's knights. He has been afflicted by the curse as he was trying to fight off the cursed creatures that have surfaced. We've tried our best to heal him but nothing seems to work," the priestess answers.
"May I have a look?" Jack asks.
"Go for it. Maybe you know something we don't," she answers. Jack moves his hood down and walks over to the man he now knew to be Sir Mark. Jack sits on the bed next to the man. He puts his right hand over Mark's face, his pointer and ring fingers touching Mark's left and right eyes, respectively. The Irish priest's blue eyes close as he starts to chant, his hands glowing a bright blue as he moves his hand down Mark's face and to his chest. Jack opens his eyes upon hearing a cough. He notices that the knight had started to wake. Sir Mark was very startled to see this random green haired man sitting next to him with a smile.
"Huh? Who are you? And don't come near me.. I'm afflicted with this wretched curse," Mark says, trying to move away. He was stopped by Jack's gentle hand.
"Relax Sir Mark. You're no longer affected by the curse. I've healed you. My name is Jack and I'm a priest from the small village of Athlone, Ireland," Jack says gently. Mark relaxed hearing that Jack was a priest and had healed him.
"Ireland? You came here from Ireland? Why in a time like this?" Mark asks.
"I came here to stop this curse. It has affected my country as much as it has affected yours," Jack answers with a sigh.
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. But you're here to stop this curse? Let me help you. You might be able to help King Cryaotic. He never intended to cause this harm to the land," Mark says.
"Thank you. It would be nice to have a friend. But I must apologize for the death of your comrade Ken... He wouldn't let me pass so I had to fight him.." Jack says.
"Don't apologize. Ken was one of the first after His Majesty to become affected. There was no saving Ken.. However, His Majesty may have a chance now because of you," Mark says, getting off the bed, only for Jack to push him back down.
"Rest. You've only just recovered. I also need to catch some rest," Jack says gently before standing up and heading to a different bed. Mark watched Jack go to another bed and he sighs to himself, missing the contact. However, he laid down and went to sleep.

*The next morning*
Mark and Jack were now on the road together, Jack with his hood up. Mark had discarded his clunky armor since it didn't really do him that good to begin with. Mark noticed that as they walked that Jack seemed to carry no weapon on him. Had he killed Ken with magic? It wouldn't surprise him to be honest. Just as he was about to ask Jack how he fought, two of the cursed creatures appeared. Both were humanoid creatures; one was more like a tree while the other was a cloaked figure with glowing red eyes. Mark had drawn his sword and went for the tree humanoid as he noticed that Jack went for the cloaked one. Mark was in shock when he saw a giant black swath just hit the cloak figure and realized that Jack used a crow feather. After the two cursed creatures were gone, the two continue on the winding road.
"You use a feather?!" Mark asks.
"Yes. But's not just any feather. It's one of the sacred crow feathers of The Morrigan," Jack says. The two chat as they make their way to the castle. As they got closer to Cryaotic's castle, the atmosphere got wicked gloomy, making it impossible to tell what time of day. The two men look up and see the blackened mist surrounding the tower and looked for the dark patch. Mark finds it.
"There. That's the throne room. That's where His Majestic King Cryaotic is located," Mark says, pointing it. Jack nods and he continues on with Mark, fighting cursed creatures and afflicted guards along the way. Jack spots another sanctuary and drags Mark over to it.
"We're stopping here. We need to rest before facing your King," Jack says, as he takes a seat on a bench.
"Good idea.." Mark says. He sits next to Jack. The knight looks at his hands, feeling a little awkward sitting next to this priest he just met. For whatever reason, this Irish man had seemed to already have captured his heart and little did he know, he had the same affect on Jack.
"So uh, Sir Mark.. Did you lose anyone to this curse?" Jack asks.
"Just call me Mark. And now I did not. Did you?" Mark asks.
"No. I've been on my own for a while now," Jack answers. He knew who his parents were but that was about it. He never interacted with his family after they discovered his healing powers. The two talk and get to know each other, each getting closer to the other until their faces were mere inches apart. There was a momentary silence and stillness where the world just seemed to freeze. Mark breaks it and leans in, closing the gap and pressing his lips to Jack's gently. He didn't care how wrong this was, but he wanted this. Jack was a bit surprised at first but his blue eyes flutter shut and he kisses back. They pull back and smile at each other. After they were rested, the two get up and head to where King Cryaotic was.
"WhO gOeS tHeRe?!" a very warped voice calls out.
"I am Jack. A priest from Athlone, Ireland," Jack calls out.
"And your knight, Sir Mark," Mark says.
"A pRiEsT aNd My OwN kNiGhT...." the voice chuckles. Out steps a figure and the King is revealed. However, the mask on the King's face was twisted and demented and his skin was a sickly red with black smoke drifting out of it. Cryaotic flicks his wrist and a barrier is thrown up. Only Jack and himself were in the ring. Mark had no way of getting inside. Mark was alarmed but simply watch as Jack and Cry fought. Eventually, the barriers fall and Cry's body is on the floor, limp but alive. Jack was panting. He knew what he had to do. Jack turns to Mark.
"You won't like this but it's the only way I can save you and everyone else," Jack says. Mark's eyes widen.
"No! Jack! There's gotta be another way!" Mark says. Jack walks over to Mark and plays his partially gloved hands on the other's face.
"It'll be alright Mark. Even if I'm gone physically, I'll always be in your heart and your mind. And thank you for giving me some happiness before I leave," Jack says before kissing Mark one last time. Mark kissed back and held Jack there as long as he could. The Irishman parts when he needed air and smiles before getting in a prayer stance and sealing off the dark sorcery and sealing it inside himself. After performing the enchantment, he turns to Mark with a faint smile, as he starts to fade. Mark immediately rushes to Jack's side and holds the fading priest in his arms.
"I love you Jack..." Mark says, hoping he could say it before Jack was gone forever.
"I love you too Mark," Jack says with his final breathe before fading away. In Mark's lap lays the feather Jack used. He holds it close to him and looks up at the sky.
"I will find you again some day Jack... Some day, we'll be together again."