Eyes on Fire

A/N: Based on Eyes on Fire by Blue Foundation
Where Jack is a Shaman and Mark is a power-stealing thief

Mark smirks to himself as he runs through the forest. He had just made off with the Court Mage's magic. Sure it wasn't the strongest power he had stolen before, but it would do for now. Mark spots a small fire and a small caravan. He slows down and hides behind a nearby tree, curious as to who was camping out in the forest. Mark notices there was a lone man, surprisingly with green hair. He noticed that the man appeared to playing with a deck of cards, his eyes closed. The man wore no shirt, revealing pale skin. Upon closer inspection, the green haired man appeared to have a long brown cloak and pale green pants and no shoes. Mark looks at the fire and noticed symbols drawn in the dirt around the fire and realized that this man was a shaman. Mark smirks widely and knows this is where the power was at. This shaman was clearly a powerful one as he noticed a headdress of brown and green leaves and vines woven together rested on his head with the thunder symbol on front. The shaman spreads the cards out in front of him, the cards floating.
"I'll seek you out, flay you alive... One more word and you won't survive," the man says, shooting his hand out, hearing Mark starting to say a spell. Mark felt his body freeze and his eyes widen as the man drags him into the light. He let out a noise of pain as he felt his back sting. "What's your name?"
"M-Mark!" Mark gasps out.
"Well Mark... My name is Jack. And I'm not scared of your stolen power... I see right through you any hour," Jack smirks.
"H-How did you know?" Mark says shocked.
"Court Mage's Magic. Why would a Court Mage be out here? You came here to steal my power. But little did you know, I knew you would come to me tonight. Your life and my life are in the cards," Jack answers. The fire starts to grow more and more, ever so slowly and Mark was in a trance. "I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame... shuffling the cards of your game. Your move Mark now. Be careful~" Jack says. Mark had control over his body again. He noticed that Jack was wearing an eye patch and that one beautiful blue eye was visible.
"What's with the eye patch?" Mark asks.
"Nothing you need to know. Only be concerned with it if you become my foe~" Jack grins. Mark looked at the man, feeling some anger boil up inside of him, seeing the fire could be used to his advantage. Jack smirks knowing exactly what Mark was going to do.
"Arserit ignis et flamma ignis!" (Fire flame and fire burn!) Mark speaks, causing the fire to flare out and reach for Jack. Jack stops the fire and flicks a card towards Mark, hitting him square in the face. Mark takes the card and looks at it. It was the Ace of Hearts. Mark felt something bubble up inside.
"And just in time, in the right place, suddenly I will play my ace," Jack says. He stands up and reaches his arms out towards Mark. "Eyes on fire.. Your spine is ablaze," he says. Mark couldn't see and his eyes felt hot. There was fire. It wasn't burning his eyes, just causing terrible pain. His spine felt the same pain. He lets out a scream of anguish. When the pain ends and he could see again, Mark fell to his knees. The power he had was gone. Mark looks up at Jack. Despite all of this pain.. Mark wanted this man. He never felt this way about a man before but damn, did he want Jack.
"I... I want you..." Mark breathes out. Jack raises his eyebrows in surprise.
"Really because I won't soothe your pain, I won't soothe your strain, you'll be waiting in vain... I've got nothing for you to gain.." Jack says, squatting and holding Mark's chin.
"Yes... Please.. Take me..." Mark pleads. The spell that Jack had set with that Ace was working. Jack smirks and pulls Mark into his arms. He causes Mark to pass out. Jack lifts the eye patch revealing a bright green eye and he stares at a woman who had been watching.
"Felling any foe with my gaze..." Jack says, causing the woman to drop dead. The eye patch goes down and he presses a kiss to Mark's lips. "Steadily emerging with grace... Rise my love.. My servant.. My vessel for pain..." he says. Mark's eyes open. They were still the same brown, just with a slight pink haze over them.
"Anything for you, Master.." Mark says, looking up at Jack.