When Gamers and Dancers Collide

A/N: AU where Jack is a dancer instead of a gamer.

It was VidCon and Jack was excited. This was his first time performing at VidCon. He had been before as a convention go-er. He not only had a few performances each day, he actually had a signing! Him! A dancer, getting his own signing. He had gained a shocking amount of subscribers since the previous year of VidCon and that had helped inspire him to continue producing content. Jack had been checking the schedule multiple times as he didn't want to miss out on the Markiplier and Friends panel on Saturday. That was his favorite panel to go and he wouldn't miss it for the world. Fortunately, he wouldn't be missing too much. The "panel" he was doing had a few other dancers and other performers as well, which he was grateful for as he would need a breather between pieces. He had eight total dances to do over the con. Three today, three on Saturday and two on Sunday. Jack makes his way to where he would be performing and he notices a big line outside the door. He recognized a few people wearing his septic eye symbol and he smiles, glad that there were people to see him. Jack makes it backstage and warms up. The Irish dancer wore a maroon zip up, black cargo pants with straps and converse. On his head was his flatcap that he wore a lot. The first song he was dancing to was I'm Everywhere by TeknoAXE. He was the opening act and he was waiting off to the side as he waits to be introduced.

Mark and his two friends, Bob and Wade, had made their way to the Musical Internet panel. Mark only wanted to go because the famous dancer JackSepticEye would be dancing. Mark had instantly fallen in love with Jack's dancing with the first video he watched. Mark always wanted to go to Jack's shows but it seemed he always had other plans and projects that interfered with him going. But now, now he could watch Jack in person. He was thrilled to find out that Jack's dancing didn't happen at the same time of his Markiplier and Friends panel. The half-Asian man gets into the panel room and he sits in the front row as he got there pretty early. Mark looks as the announcer came onto the stage, the room falling quiet almost instantly. 

"Hello and welcome to the Musical Internet panel! This is our first year doing this and we are very grateful to VidCon for finally allowing this to happen. Now, this panel is happening all three days at the same time in the same place. We have many YouTube famous dancers, singers and bands here performing. To start us off, we have JackSepticEye dancing to I'm Everywhere and then following him, we'll have NateWantsToBattle with his original song, Reclaim Your Throne," the announcer lady says.
Jack nods to Nate as he walks out on stage. He goes to center stage and has his back facing the crowd. Jack waits for the music to start and soon enough it does. Jack starts dancing, focusing on the music, letting it flow through him. Mark watches Jack's every move, flip, turn and trick. Mark and many others were in a trance by Jack's movement. It was if the music just controlled Jack, or Jack controlled the music. But like all performances, the dance comes to an end. Jack lands in a freeze position, hands and face pressed to the ground and his legs in the air. Jack's legs were in a perfect split. There was a giant round of applause for him. Jack stands up and bows, his blue eyes catching Mark's brown ones. His breath hitches for a moment before he heads offstage. Jack's mind was blown. THE Markiplier was sitting in the front row, watching him! This was amazing! Now he was really glad that he was doing Crazy La Paint for his second dance.

Mark stopped breathing for a moment when he locked eyes with Jack. He could feel his cheeks flush a bit. Sure Jack was cute and Mark was bi, but there was no way in hell he had a chance with Jack. Mark had fallen heads over heels for Jack as he watched more and more of Jack's videos. Most of them were dances but occasionally Jack would make a vlog. Mark found that through the vlogs, he got to know more of Jack and everything about Jack was just perfect to him. Mark knew he had grown a crush for the Irishman. Mark snaps out of his daze hearing Jack's name again but the song choice surprised him. It was his outro theme: Crazy La Paint. Mark blinks, thinking it was a coincidence that Jack chose his outro song.

Jack walked out on stage again, still in his hoodie. However, his hoodie was unzipped but Jack wasn't letting people see his shirt yet. He laid on his stomach, perpendicular to the crowd. Once the music starts again, Jack starts moving, this dance more bouncy and jumpy then the previous dance. When he turns to the crowd, his shirt is revealed to be a Markiplier shirt and it's clear to Mark now that this was no mere coincidence, this was Jack's way of displaying either affection or appreciation to Mark. At one point, Jack does a turn and removes his sweatshirt and he throws it. Jack noticed that he threw it a bit too far but kept dancing, since he wouldn't need it. the sweatshirt landed near Mark's feet and he scooped it up quickly. Mark knew that he now had an excuse to talk to Jack off to the side now. At the end of the dance, Jack makes it look like he is having convulsions but then shoots out his left arm, pointing into the crowd and body rolls down. His figure was bent over, his arm having followed. The lights dimmed and Jack runs off stage to get some rest.

Mark's mind was racing. What would he say to Jack after he returned the sweatshirt?? Mark was trying to plan out what to say to Jack. He needed to make sure he didn't say anything weird or creepy. Mark figured that saying he admired Jack's work wouldn't be too creepy. No, there was nothing wrong with that! Mark wondered when Jack would be back on stage. He watches the show and soon enough, the closing act comes up. Much to his delight, Jack was ending the show as well! And not only that, Nate was live performing the song for Jack. Mark grins, knowing that this was going to be good.

"Hello everyone. I hope you all had a good time today! As our lovely announcer said, Jack and I will be closing up this performance. Have a good rest of the day and enjoy our joint performance of Drowning," Nate says. Jack nods to him and Nate starts singing. 

Jack dances once more for the day. He mustered up the most amount of energy he could manage, letting Nate's words give him strength. Unlike the previous two dances, this dance had more turns and flow. Jack's moves matched the words perfectly. Also, the look on Jack's face was not a smile but a more serious one. It was one of desperation. It fit and it worked. At the end, Jack falls to his knees, his right hand falling down his face and resting at the base of his neck. The lights go off and people give a loud round of applause. Jack and Nate wait on stage since they couldn't leave the panel room yet. They chat as they pack their bags, both extremely happy with their performances. Once the crowd thins enough, Nate takes his leave. Jack waves and hops off the stage to look for his sweatshirt, hoping no one stole it.

"Looking for this?" Mark asks, holding out the sweatshirt.
"Oh yeah! Thanks," Jack says, taking the sweatshirt. Jack looks up and flushes a bit seeing it was Mark. "I uh, noticed you were in the front row.."
"Yeah. I really admire your work. It's absolutely amazing to watch," Mark says.
"R-really? The great Markiplier likes my dancing?" Jack says, surprised.
"Yeah.. I really liked that second dance. It meant a lot to me," Mark smiles.
"Heh, well it was my way of saying thank you..." Jack says sheepishly. "And my way of displaying affection.." he mumbles, not realizing he said it out loud. Mark hears it and flushes.
"A-affection? D-Do you like me?" Mark stutters. Jack's face turns a bright shade of red.
"Uhm, y-yeah.. I've grown quite the crush on you.. I've been watching your videos for a while now.." Jack says, his accent thickening a bit.
"Well if it's any comfort.. I've grown a crush on you as well.." Mark trails off. Jack's face brightens up.
"Really?!" Jack asks. He gets a nod and a grin crawls its way onto Jack's face. He couldn't contain himself and hugs Mark. Mark hugs back.
"I don't know if you'd be willing to try long distance but uh, would you consider being my boyfriend?" Mark asks.
"I'd give it a try. I was actually thinking of moving to America anyways, so it wouldn't be long distance for too long," Jack smiles. Mark smiles widely.
"Does that mean I can kiss you now?" Mark asks, that goofy grin on his face.
"Of course silly!" Jack laughs. He leans in and meets Mark's lips halfway, kissing Mark for the first of what would be many kisses.