Chapter 1. He's home and he brought a truck

I was currently washing Annabelle's bottles while I was cooking dinner. I had already finish washing,drying,folding and putting away everyone's laundry. On the menu tonight for dinner is steak Mac n cheese with mash potatoes, green beans and rolls. I had already set the table, all that was left was waiting on the rolls to cook a few more mins.

Belle as I call my baby sister was playing with the toys on her rocker seat by the kitchen table. She's 4 months old. Today is one of my days off so I got to stay home with Belle while mom went to work. I've been working for a diner in town since I was 16. I love that place and the old couple who own it, The Grams. They love me too, so much that they allow me to call them grams and gramps. They don't have any children or grandchildren due to them not being able to have any. So it's fitting I guess.

I work there as one of the cooks and a baker. I work on Monday-Thursday from 7:30-4:30, have to get there early to make the cakes, cupcakes, and pies. I learned to cook and bake from my mother. Sometimes I help out with waitressing when one of the girls can't make it in. I don't mind helping out. I hope to one day own a diner myself.

My mom works for a corrupt office as a receptionist. She works Tuesday-Friday 8-5:30. Belle stays with a friend of moms while either of us work. I pick Belle up and get a start on dinner. Mom doesn't mind that I cook, she cooked for us when I was younger.

I heard the screen door creak open followed by the front door opening" Mom dinners ready, I'm fixing to set it down on the table. What you want to drink? Tea or lemonade?" I yelled out so she could hear me.

She didn't answer right away so she must be taking off her shoes and hanging up her purse. I finished getting the food on the table and getting Belle's baby food ready.

"I'm glad because I'm starving and I'll take sweet Tea." That wasn't mom no that could only be one person. I looked up and found Dad in the kitchen.

I ran to him and started hugging him even if I had the oven mittens on my hands I didn't care because he was home and he was safe.

"Whoa there you almost knocked me over. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. " Dad said as he hugged me.

"I know I just it been so long since we've seen you." I told him. We split apart when the door closed and mom came through looking just as surprised as I was. She ran to her husband wrapping her arms and legs around him kissing him.

"And that's how we came along." I muttered down to Belle.
"Hey what do you expect we haven't seen each other in 4 months." Dad said after he set mom on her feet.

"Yeah should I take Belle with me to granny's house after dinner?" I asked.
" no we won't be loud" Dad replied and then smirked. He got a slap to the shoulder by mom.

"Ew gross Dad." I muttered. I walk to the front door and opened it to see if Rob had been the one to drop him off but when I looked out all I saw was a big black truck.

"Hey Dad did you get a new truck as a raise for saving lives?" I asked.
"Uh yeah kinda." He said back.
I shrugged and went back in the house for us to say grace and began eating.

"Oh yes this food is so good I've been waiting to have a home cooked meal for so long! Lyric your such a great cook just like your mom." Dad moaned out as he ate my food.

"Learned from the best" pointing at mom.
"Yes you did honey." She smiled.
After dinner mom said she would do the dishes. Dad was playing on the couch with Belle.

"I'm going out to feed the horse now that y'all are home. Be back in jiff." I said heading out the door and out the barn. We had four horses.

A brown and white paint for Dad who named him Hoss, a black horse for mom who named her Sassy, a red and black horse for me who I named Apollo, and for now a grey little pony for Annabelle to name when she gets older.

After feeding the horses I was walking back to the house but I stopped by the truck and I saw a face on the grill.
"What kind of logo is that?" I asked myself. I placed my hand on the face but the truck seemed to warm under my touch. I bright my hand back, that was weird. Must have been the engine still cooling down.

I didn't anything more about it and I went back inside the house. I took a shower and went to bed. Hopefully Dad and I can go horseback riding tomorrow since I'm off on the weekends. I turned off my light and went to sleep.

First chapter is up on my new book hope you like it!(: