Chapter 5. Seriously?

As soon as I got home from work I got a text from Karter asking about Tall, dark, and scary, just like I expected him to do.

He's a friend of Dad's from the base, he's going to be staying with us from now on. He seems to act more like a bodyguard then a friend.I texted him back.

Seriously? he texted back

Yes, although he has the bright blue eyes that are so odd yet so beautiful. I texted him

Oh yeah next thing your going to be telling me is that you find him hot. He send back

I didn't text him back right away.

Seriously? You do don't you? he sent back

Hey it's not like I didn't notice that fine specimen ;)I sent back

Oh brother he sent back

Hey! OMG did you see that hunk of a army guy walk into the diner? Then his truck? What I wouldn't give to have one like that! Kyla sent me. They always know when I'm talking to either of them.

Yes I did, I get to see him at home and the truck is the amazing! I sent back.

What? At home is their down thug your not telling me? Kyla questioned me.

As I was just telling your brother he's going to be staying with us from now on he's a friend of my dad from the base. I sent back to her.

You licky suck!😉😢 she sent back. I laughed my head off gaining the attention of my family and Ion. Mom and dad were putting dinner on the table while Ion was just sitting at the table staring anywhere and everywhere.

I'm sorry but was that mean for me? 😂 i sent back.

Stupid autocorrect! So what's his name and how old his he? She asked.

He's name is Ion and hold on let me ask.

I turned from my spot int the kitchen toward Ion and asked" hey how old are you?"

He just looked at me with no emotion and said " too old for you." And turned to look at back nothing.

I heard a giggle and a snicker from my parents.

"Okay then be a grumpy giant." I grumbled under my brother. But I heard a grunt come from him.

He said too old for me so no clue. I sent back.

Hey so I get off at 5:00 tmro you want to go to the bump and grind with me and Kyla and hang out? I got another text from Karter .
Yes! I need a night out for some fun and with my besites. 😊 I sent him.
Awesome I'll tell Kyla so meet there at 6:30?
Yeah sounds good to me, I'll talk to you tmro, ttyl! I sent to them both.
We all sat down at the dinner table well Belle was in her platoon , but she was close to the table.  Mom had fixed steak mashed potatoes green beans gravy and rolls. One of my favorites! I had eaten all my food now starting on my roll and Putin honey it when mom asked " how was work sweetie?"

"You know to be honest it was kind of strange. I had to cover for Shayla again she was late and this guy who turned out to be her boyfriend pulled me into his lap and asked if I could come to his place later. Shayla kept giving me he stink eye the whole time after that then when I went to give him the check she was going to throw Coke all over me but I moved before she could. We got into an argument in front of the whole diner.  It's a good thing it was time to get off or I would have done something I know I  don't regret and prob lost my job. " I told them
"Good god how many guys do I need to shoot to stay away from you. " dad replied.
" I don't know but tmro after work I'm going to hang with Karter and Kyla so could you or mom drop me off there at 6;30?" I asked
"Ion can do it. Your mother and I are going to go see some friends." Dad said.

"Since when did I become the babysitter?" Ion grumbled.

"Not babysitter but Lyric is going to need a new car because hers is going to meet its demise." Dad said.

"Fine I will drive you there Lyric." Ion said.
"Thanks!" I told him. I cleaned my plate off putting it into the dish washer before heading for the shower and off to bed.

I'm sorry I haven't updated for a while I have been sick and on vacation. I hope that you are liking the sorry let me know what you think. I don't know when the next chapter will be up but hopefully soon!(: