Chapter 8. Stage and Busted

It had been about two weeks since Ion and I had started dating. Stealing kisses and touches when we knew my parents weren't around. Not the kind of touches that wouldn't come with dirty thoughts, but holding each other and staring into each others eyes. The first date that we went on was at the drive-in movies. Ion had never been to one, crazy right? Must have lived somewhere they didn't have them. He won't tell me where he is from, just that it's really far away. Another country maybe? He always gets this sad look on his face when I ask him about his home. So I won't ask again.

We haven't told my parents because Ion is afraid that they wont approve of his dating me. It really isn't their business. I'm way old enough to make my own decisions about who I date and who dates me, whether my parents like it or them or not.

I was outside feeding this horse this morning when I got a text. I was hoping it wasn't another stalker text. Which haven't stopped, I haven't told Ion yet though.

-Hey I've got a gig tonight at Big John's bar and grill. You want to do the opening song for me?- Karter sent to me.

-Ehh I don't know, you know how I am in front of big crowds of people I don't know.- I sent.

-C'mon, I'll let you pick the song?- Karter

-Oh alright. I pick Titanium-

-Great! I'll see you there tonight at 6:00pm (: - Karter

- See you then.-

Karter used to play in the school band on his guitar and had a band of his own on the side. They spilt when they started college. Karter still has gigs himself, he has an amazing voice. We sang together a few times throughout high school in the talent shows.

I always tell him he needs to be on the voice and become famous. He always says the same thing 'Yeah right, when I meet an alien race'. It's possible, we don't know what the galaxies hold.

I walked into the house and into the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone, well except Ion. How he won't eat his beyond me, I would pass out without food. I made cinnamon pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. I'm so glad that it's Saturday and no one has to work.

I practiced lowly on my song that I was going to sing tonight. I decided to call grams and gramps to let them know. They love to here me sing.

"That sounds good, and this seems good." Dad said coming into the kitchen before sitting down at the table followed by mom and Belle. Ion came later, we shared a small smile between each other.

After getting the food onto the table and serving themselves I decided to tell them about tonight.

" So I have some news that I would like to share with you all." I said but I saw Ion stiffen. He thought I was going to tell my parents about our relationship. Nope, you got lucky this time tough guy.

"What is it sweetie?" Mom asked.

"Karter has asked me to do an opening song tonight at Big John's bar and grill for his gig. So I will be singing there tonight at 6:00 if ya'll wanted to all come, you also Ion." I told them all.

"That's great honey! Of course we will all be there. We love to hear you sing at any chance that we even catch you singing. We miss being able to see you sing at the talents shows in school." mom said.

"Yeah we'll defiantly be there, I guess Ion will have to drive you since you still haven't found a car." Dad said.

"I don't mind driving her around." Ion said. "Oh yeah? What happen to being annoyed with being the babysitter?" Dad questioned him.

"At first because that's when I though Lyric was annoying now she's only slightly annoying." Smirking. He was going to pay for that one later.

After breakfast I spent most of the day trying to found the perfect outfit for tonight. I finally found it. It was about 5:15, so after my hair was fixed and make up was on I made my way down the stairs so we could all leave at the same time.

Ion and I were driving in front of mom and dad so I could get there for set up. I wasn't nervous yet but I knew I would be went I got there and stood on the stage. I don't have stage fright I'm just scared that I will sound bad.

"I though for sure this morning that you were going to out us to your parents." Ion said.

"No, not yet. But you are in trouble for the annoying comment." I said as I smirked.

"Oh, are you sure I can't persuade you to not be upset with me?" he smirked at me this time.

"We'll see." I told him as we arrived at Big John's.Once there I gave him a quick kiss before heading inside. It's a good thing his windows are tinted because mom and dad had pulled up right beside us when we kissed.

The bar and grill was packed, as I was walking onto the stage with Karter. I could see my parents, Belle and Ion sitting at a table by the stage.

"Hey Everyone my name is Karter, which most of you know but this is my best friend Lyric and she going to sing the opening song for me." Karter said as everyone clapped for me.

I came up to the mike and took a deep breath before letting it out slowly as Karter started playing the music.

"You shout it out, but I can't hear a word you say. I'm talking loud, not saying much. I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet. Shoot me down, but I get up." I started singing. I saw smiles lift on my parents faces and amazement from Ion's.

Through the song I could see, Kyla, the grams, my friends at the diner and even Shayla. She only wore a glare on her face that made me smile during the song. Once I finished the song I had a roar of cheers and clapping come from the crowd and people all over the bar and grill. I smiled and said thank you into the mike before receiving a hug from Karter. I made my way down the steps and by my parents.

"That was wonderful honey!" Mom said. "Yeah that was so great, it's been so long since we've heard you sing like that." Dad added.

"Yes, that was amazing." Ion said.

"Thank you. Can we go home now? I've got a fully loaded turkey sandwich calling my name at home." I said. They all laughed as we loaded up. Ion talked about how amazing I was and how wonderful that my voiced sounded on the way home.

Once at home my parents went inside, my Dad said he was going to get my sandwich ready for me. When it was just me and Ion outside, Ion pushed me up against his truck pressing his lips to mine.

"Hey Lyric, what do you want to uh..drink?" "What the hell?!" I heard my dad yell then.

"Busted" I whisper to myself and Ion.

*Picture and video up in a min.* Let me know how you like the chapter! Thanks(: