Chapter 19. The storm

The next few days went along the same as they usually do. Autobots taking me to work and bringing me back. The only bots I didn't even get to ride in we're Optimus and Ratchet. They were always needed at the base. Or Optimus was needed on a mission. I can understand that.

Today's turn was supposed to Bumblebee's but he got called away on a mission along with Ironhide and Dad. Ironhide and Dad didn't want to leave me just in case Jake tried to find me but he trusted his comrade's to keep me safe. So today when I went out side to find, it was Jolt. Ratchet's medic assistant, he was a Chevy Volt as ironic as that is .

I opened the passenger side door and got in. "Hello, Ms. Lennox." He said.

"Hi, Jolt. You can call me Lyric. Makes me feel old when you call me miss Lennox."

"Okay, Lyric." He simply said. We didn't talk much on the way to work. He was a quiet one.

"Do you know the way to my work?" Trying to make conversation. I don't like awkward silence.

"Yes, Ironhide sent the coordinates to every Autobot on base." He replied.

"Will you be the one picking me up from work today?" I asked another question.

"I will not, I am needed at base for repairs." He stated, like that was all he needed to say.

"Oh okay." I told him. I didn't want to annoy or make him angry so I kept my questions of who was going to pick me up to myself. I guess I would find out after work. Maybe Ironhide would get back early from his mission to get me. I don't know the exact location it was in but I do know that it was just a state over.

Mom was had told me this morning that she was taking Bell to a play around 2, when really it was a play date for mom. For her to catch up with one of her friends from high school.

Soon enough Jolt arrived at the diner. I opened the door and said "Thanks for the ride."

He didn't say anything and just drove off. Rude much. What's his problem?Probably didn't want to be on human babysitter duty.

So I went into the diner and got all the desserts ready, with the coffee, tea and lemonade for the day.

I turned the radio on to the radio station that played all kinds of music, it was my favorite. Right now Hot in here by Nelly was playing which was accurate since the oven was defiantly heating up.

The morning went as normal. I had been craving a cheeseburger with fries with the works on it and so when Karter came in for his shift he made me one and I put my money for it in the tip jar. We send whatever tip money people put in at the cash register or if we eat the food from the diner, to the children's hospital. It might not be much but it helps.

It was around 2:30pm when I looked out the window and notice there still wasn't a Autobot car outside. I guess no one was going to pick me up from work. It's okay I can walk home in the broad daylight. That won't be as scary.

I was just about to get off work at 3pm when gramps came and stood in front of me.

"Hey honey, I hate to do this to you but Shayla called in sick, would you mind staying till 6pm?" He asked.

"Sure, do you need me to stay later to help?" I asked even though I was secretly hoping that he would say no.

"No, you can go home at 6. We will be fine after that time, you know it's mostly us old folks that come in for dinner." He said.

So I ended up working until 6pm before clocking out and grabbing my stuff. Maybe working this late had given base a time to find me a ride home.

As I walked out side I didn't see any Autobot car that had been able to give me a ride. Walking home alone it is. It would probably take me 30 mins just to get home. I could run the rest of the way down our dirt driveway.