Chapter 2. Who's he and He did what?

I woke up this morning earlier then usual, I guess I'm just too excited that dad is home. I pulled on a black pair of yoga pants, socks and a T-shirt. I walked out of my room heading downstairs, as I walked down the stairs I heard that Belle was laughing. Dad and mom must be in her room with her. I made it down to the kitchen and started making homemade pancakes, in which most every here is homemade.

As I was putting the plate of pancakes on the table I heard a creak of the floor. I looked up to find a buff scary but hot guy standing in the kitchen with me. Like seriously hot but totally scary in his own way. I let out a high pitched scream. The guy seemed to wince but put his hands out and said"Primus don't do that ?and I promise I'm not going to hurt you Femme." Primus? Femme? What's that? "Okay who are you and what do you want?" I asked warily.

"Like I said I'm not here to hurt you and I am a friend of Will Lennox." he replied. I was still staring at him scared when Dad came down the stairs with bed head and mouth ajar. "Lyric what's wrong?" He asked. "who is he he says he knows you." I asked. Dad looked at the guy standing in our kitchen and said "Oh yeah this is Ion hide, he's going to be staying with us from now on." I raised my eyebrow and asked" We'll where was he yesterday?"

"He was out in the pasture during our reunion and then came in the house after you went to the bed. He slept on the couch." Dad explained. "Oh okay then, Nice to meet you Ion. Please sit down and enjoy some pancakes." I said. We all sat down and started eating all except Ion. Mom was eating her pancakes while feeding Bell some fruit. "Aren't you hungry Ion?" I asked. "He's fasting." Dad said.

He's crazy I couldn't do without food, I love it too much. "So Lyric how are you and Jake? You haven't said anything about him yet." Dad asked. I stiffened and Mom stilled while feeding Bell. "We broke up after you left." I told him. Jake had been my boyfriend for 4 months before Belle got here and Dad left. "Why?" Dad asked again. I really didn't want to tell him. It was hard enough to tell Mom when I came home with my clothes ripped and a black eye. He needs to know though.

I stared down at my food before I muttered" He tried to rape me." It was silence for a moment before Dad exploded "He did WHAT?" I looked up and Dad was staring at me with anger on his face. I knew it wasn't me he was angry with but it was still a emotion I didn't want to witness on my Dad.

"He said he wanted to take me somewhere special for our 4 month anniversary. It was a cabin in the woods, I didn't realize he wanted my virginity only after 4 months. I didn't think he was that kind of guy . I also didn't expect him to have a temper either. When I refused he ripped my clothes trying to get them off me. When I fought him he hit me in the face. I was able to knee him in the balls, punch him in the face, and push him off of me. After that I ran to his truck and gunned it. I came to just outside of town, left his truck and walked home. I went to the police after I changed my clothes but they couldn't find him and I haven't seen him since."

"I'm going to kill him when I get my hands on him. I knew there was something funny about that guy." Dad said. I heard a growl come form Ion. "You thought that about every boy who wanted to take Lyric out. I'm surprised you ever let her go out on dates." My mom said.

"He only let me go on maybe 5 dates the whole time I was in high school." I said. "Yup and it kept you from having a sex life." He smiled. "eh okay let's get off the subject of my non-existent sex life okay?okay." I said.

"Okay so what are we doing today?" Dad asked. "We'll I was thinking that maybe we could go riding later after you and mom go out for lunch or something. I'll watch Belle while y'all spend sometime by yourselves. Belle and I can go shopping, I'd like to buy some clothes for me and Belle." I suggested.

"That's a wonderful idea honey, thank you." Mom said. After I was done eating, I got Belle up and headed up stairs to get ready. I got her ready first then got myself ready. After getting Belle's bag ready and in her car seat we went down stairs. Mom and Dad weren't downstairs so they must be getting ready. Ion was still sitting at the kitchen table so I left Belle there by him to go start my suv. I had a 2002 red ford explorer. When I went to start it, it didn't start. That's just great.

I walked into the house and mom and dad were talking to Ion and Belle. "Dad my suv wont start can I borrow the truck you brought home today?" I asked. I hope he said yes because I really want to drive that truck, its sexy.

"I'm fine with it but you'll have to ask Ion he owns half of it too." Dad said. I looked at Ion and put on my best puppy dog face and said "Please can I drive that gorgeous truck?" He looked at me and said"Is that face supposed to man something to me? and you think I'm- my truck is gorgeous?" He asked.

"What are you from a different planet? Of course it's supposed to mean something. It's supposed to convince you to let me drive the truck." I heard Dad snort but didn't look at him. Ion looked at Dad and dad just shrugged and looked at him.

Ion sighed and said "I guess." Yes! "Oh your awesome.!" I grabbed Belle and put her car seat into the back seat of the big black truck. I got into the drivers seat and started the truck. The keys were in the console. I was fixing to put the truck in reverse when the passenger door opened and Ion sat in the seat and closed the door. I looked at him and asked "What are you doing?"

"Your Dad thought it would be best if I came with you for protection."

"Are you sure or did you come just so I wouldn't wreck the truck?" I smirked.

"Well maybe that too." He said. "I'm the best driver here." I said smiling. " I highly doubt that." He smirked again. I ran my hands over the steering wheel just enjoy the smoothness of it and everything about the truck. I heard Ion sigh.

"Your prob going to regret coming with us. Were going shopping it could take hours you know." I laughed. He groaned.

I put the truck in drive and off we went into town. I wasn't kidding when I said Ion would regret coming with us. Unless he's gay, because you know what they always say that the hot ones are always gay. We shall see.