Chapter 10. Still mad?

I went into work today even though I wasn't scheduled to work just to avoid Dad. On the way to work Ion had told me that Dad had yelled at him more after I went to bed. I had hoped that Dad would just get over it, but who was I kidding it was Dad. Stubborn to the bone, as was I. I made the normal pies I did, with the extras of birthday cheesecake, Butter finger Delight, and Coca Cola cake. I started quitely singing a song from a cartoon movie that I had put in for Belle while I folded her laundry last week, that I use to watch as a kid. It was called there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

"Now don't be going all silent on a song that pretty, sing out loud like we know you can. You did wonderful on your song a few weeks ago darlin." Gramps said as he was preparing the breakfast.

"Thanks Gramps, but I just don't have it in me right now to sing louder." I told him. "I guess that's why your here on your day off looking like someone stole your boyfriend." Gramps joked.

"Their trying to." I said picking up the dessert and setting them up front except the butter finger delight and the cheesecake I put those into the fridge.

My phone started to ring, I looked at the caller: It was karter.

"Hey Karter what's up?"

"Hey! so you were awesome a few weeks ago and the people loved you! So I was wondering if you would like to do again?"

"Really? Yeah I'd be happy too." I told Karter.

"We'll it will be different this time, you'll be singing with me instead of opening for me."

"You don't mind?"

"Of course not your my best friend. So shows tomrrow though, that's the only thing."

"yeah that's fine, Hey can I stay a few days with you and Kyla? Dad and I got into it last night." I asked Karter.

Karter and Kyla still lived at home but their house was like two houses built into one, so they had the bottom living space. It's like an apartment.

"Oh man, that sucks. sure you can stay, you haven't in a long time."

"Lyric why don't you go home after lunch you know it's usually slow on sunday after the lunch rush." Gramps said from the kitchen window.

"Is that Mr. Gram? You and your Dad must have really got into it for you to have gone to work on your day off even if you love your job." Karter said.

"Yeah, So think you could pick me up about 2? Ill borrow some clothes from Kyla tonight then go home in the morning to grab clothes for the next two days. " I told him. He said 'that's cool and see you at 2'

I wasn't going to bother telling Ion where I would be,he would likely tell Dad where I was. Dad didn't need to know where I was, I'm not a kid anymore.

2:00 p.m. came quickly, so Karter picked me up and took me to their house. Their parents as was Kyla, were still at work so it was just Karter and I. So we decided to work on the songs that we would be singing together tomorrow night.

We picked out the songs counting stars,Hallelujah, and I love rock and roll. I turned off my phone that way neither Dad nor Ion could track my phone. Soon Kyla and her parents were home. They treated me as their own, my parents were the same with Karter and Kyla.

After dinner Karter,Kyla and I were downstairs in Their living room talking.

" So why at you and you Dad fighting? How's the hunk Ion?" Kyla asked excitedly more for the second question then the first.

"He caught Ion and I kissing, I mean we've been dating for 3 weeks I'm actually surprised he had noticed before hand. Mom already knew,but she's smart like that." I said without thinking.

"YOU AND ION WERE KISSING AND YOUR DATING?!" Kyla yelled. "Why didn't you tell us ?" Karter asked.

"We didn't tell anyone." "So is he a good kisser?" Kyla asked. "Okay that's my que to get out of here, goodnight see you tomorrow." Karter said with a sheepish face on.

So Kyla and I stayed up a little longer talking all things Ion before going to bed.

Watch your stepजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें