Chapter 2

(Braxton's POV)

                              "I do not wish to be bothered today. Cancel every appointment that was set for this afternoon. I have other matters to attend."

                 "Yes Alpha." I didn't bother to watch as she walked away.

                I turned towards my office and was about to step inside when my Beta joined my side.

               "Are you hiding out again?" I didn't bother to answer him as I sat at my desk and just opened my laptop.

              "You can't keep doing this every year Braxton."

         I noticed I had an email waiting for me to open and to my surprise it was Nathaniel.

            I could hear Jeremiah talking in the background but I did not care to listen.

               I was about to open the email when he broke me from my thoughts.

               "Are you even listening to me?" I looked up from my laptop and looked at him with an annoyed expression.

               "No and I do not care to listen to what you have to say either." I went back to my laptop and opened the email that Nathaniel had sent me.

               "Impossible." I said as I read his message over and over again.

                  "What is?" He asked.

          I slammed my laptop shut and stood up.

                "Get me Alpha Nathaniel on the phone right now!"

             "Yes Alpha." Jeremiah ran out of the and returned later with the number in his hand and dialed the phone and put it on speaker.

          "Alpha Nathaniel Everlast office how can I he...."

           "Put Alpha Nathaniel on the phone now." Jeremiah said as he cut off the women who answered the phone.

           "And who exactly are you?" I didn't have time for her attitude.

          "Alpha Braxton now put your Alpha on the phone now." It was quiet for a few seconds before she answered.

         "Of course. R-right Away A-alpha." I heard shuffling and then a breathless Nathaniel answer the phone.

        "Get over here now."

        He hung up and I knew something was going on.

                I growled and threw the phone across the room.

          "Get the car ready we leave in two minutes. Send Joshua up here now." I could feel my wolf trying to fight for control and I knew if I didn't keep him at bay things would get out of hand.

          I could hear Joshua coming up the stairs and seconds later he was in my room.

              'What's going on?"

         "Jeremiah and I are leaving. We are heading over to Alpha Nathaniel's territory. I don't know how long we will be gone but you are in charge until I return."

       I grabbed my jacket that laid on the chair and started to put it on.

        "Okay. But why are you heading over there?"

             I didn't answer him as I continue to put on my jacket.

          "It's Evangeline isn't it?" I stopped putting on my jacket and turned towards him.