Chapter 26

(Eva's POV)

         "I knew we should have stopped months ago." Jasmine said setting me down on my bed.

          "You know why we can't."

"This is getting too much for you."

I growled at her and she sighed.

"You're going to kill yourself if you keep doing this."

"You know just as well as I do, he needs this." Jasmine looked at me and shook her head.

"Do you feel nauseous?" she asked as she dug through her bag.

"No."

"Do you feel slugish?"

"No. I'm fine. I just got light headed." she took the needle out and I rolled up my sleeve.

She injected the needle into my arm and I felt the stinging sensation flow throughout my body.

She took another needle and on the other arm she withdrew the blood.

"This should be enough."

She opened her locked box and placed it in with the other samples that she took.

"I'm going to start testing them. In the meanwhile, go have dinner with your family."

I placed band-aids on my arms and rolled my sleeves back down.

"MY pack is my family." she starred at me and sighed.

"I can't tell you how to feel about them and I can't force you to forgive them either. But, some of us would kill to have a family who cares as much as yours. Don't take it for granted." She smiled at me, grabbed her bags and left my tent.

I didn't know if I got light headed because of the injections or because my wolf was trying to break through the barrier I set her in.

I haven't spoken to my wolf in over two years and I could feel myself growing weaker.

But I refuse to let her out. Things are better this way.

I walked out and everyone was setting up more fire pits to eat at. They all bowed their heads at me as I walked through the groups.

I saw Adam and he saw me. I signaled him over as we went by a tree to speak.

"Where is Ivan?"

"I've spoken to him already. He says he was there the entire time and I found others to support his story."

"And you're sure you put them in there?"

"Positive."

I looked around at everyone in my pack and I knew none of them could be traders.

Their loyalty to me is strong.

"From now on high ranks are to be guarding the supplies. And I want to know who took all of our items. In the meantime, we will gather supplies here at the pack house."

"Why not just go into town?"

"Too many humans are hunters. The minute we set foot in town, they will know. And I don't want that type of attention its to big of a risk."

"We do have the protection spray that Jasmine made."

"That has yet to be tested."