Chapter 30

(Eva's POV)

        Days had gone by and we haven't made any progress.

       The death of Ryan and professor Franklin still remains a mystery to us.

         Jasmine came into the tent as I sat in my chair looking over all the files that I have reviewed time and time again.

       "You ready?" she said and I looked up from the files and rubbed my eyes.

       "Yes." I lifted up my sleeve as she took a needle and withdrew the blood from my arms.

         She switched arm and I could feel the medicine run through my veins.

       "Its weakening you isn't it?" I looked up as I rolled my sleeve down.

      "I can handle it." she sighed and chose not to say anything.

              She left the room and I used the protection spell to seal the walls.

       I took out my phone and dialed the number.

           "How is he?" I asked the minute he answered.

        "Better. Would you care to speak to him?"

        "Yes."

       I heard some ruffling in the background and then his voice was on the phone.

        It was like music to my ears.

       "I know... I miss you to."

          "One day we will be together soon." I said as I hung up.

         I took down the protection spell as I heard someone walking towards my tent.

         Adam walked in and bowed his head.

        "Alpha Nathaniel would like to speak to you." with that Adam stepped aside and let Nate pass through the flaps of my tent.

        "Adam." I nodded my head at him so he could guard my tent.

        "What is it?" I asked

         "Your birthday is tomorrow and I was thinking we could have a party."

           His smile dropped from his face when his expression turned into confusion.

        "What wrong? Did you not want to celebrate or something?"

        "No its not that. I just forgot."

          "You forgot? About your birthday?"

        He said surprised and I just turned and looked at him.

        "Have you heard anything from Ryan's aunt?"

          "No, nothing. Have you figured anything else out about the crime scene?" But I sighed and looked down at the files on my table.

        "Nothing yet." I rubbed my eyes and Nate starred at me and I cocked my eyebrow at him.

         "What?" I asked and he shook his head.

         "I'll see you later on today." with that he turned and started walking out until Adam came in with the radio he made.

    "Listen to this." He set the radio on the table as he fiddled with it.

      There was a lot of static so it was really hard to hear what they were saying.

          "I told you to keep your pathetic rogues off my territory!"