Chapter 10

(Nates POV)

I could hear everything and then I heard nothing.

It was like I was able to function properly and then in a couple seconds all of that was taken away from me.

I didn't know what was going on.

My body was hurting everywhere.

But I was also so tired. I could feel my eyes start to close and I didn't stop them.

I needed this, I wanted this.

So I let it happen and before I knew it, darkness was taking over.

But when I opened my eyes I was in a meadow.

But this meadow looked so familiar, like I've been here before.

"Hello?" I called out but no one answered.

"HELLO?" I tried a bit louder this time but still nothing.

But then I heard it, the humming of a women.

I didn't see her at first but I knew who she was when she started to walk towards me.

She turned to me as she wore her shiny bright dress.

Her hair was flowing down her back and she had a thousand watt smile that could bright up any room.

"Mom?" It sounded more like a question because I just couldn't believe that it was her.

"Nathaniel" She whispered as her hand connected to my face.

It had been such a long time since I last saw her.

Whether this was real or fake it didn't matter to me, I was just happy to see her again.

"It has been so long since I've seen you. I miss you all" Her voice was just so amazing to hear, that I couldn't stop the smile that was on my face.

"I miss you." was all I croaked out before I stopped myself from continuing. I didn't want to cry in front of my mom, I was an Alpha I had to be strong.

"And I, you. Come, we must talk." And before I could ask her where, we were at a cliff that over looked the ocean.

"Amazing isn't it?" She asked as she walked closer to the edge.

"Very." I said as I followed right behind her.

" I see you have a son now." I looked at her and smiled.

"Xavier. He's going to turn six soon. You'd love him." I said as she looked towards me.

"Oh but I do. He's a smart little boy isn't he?" She asked and I nodded.

"The smartest." was all I said.

It was quiet between us for awhile until I spoke.

"I found her." I looked at my mother who was looking over the sea as she nodded.

"I know." Her voice was so small, that you could barely hear it.

"They escaped." I said as I turned towards the water, watching the waves move with ease.

"I know." She said a little louder this time.

"But I'll find them, and I'll kill them for what they did."

She didn't say anything but I knew she heard me.