chapter 17

(Quin's POV)

I woke up and the sun wasn't up yet. I knew I only had a few minutes until training but I didn't have clothes to wear.

I was opening my door when I saw Jordan was about to knock.

"Oh god, I'm late aren't I? Crap, I'm so sorry but I didn't have clothes and I was just ab-"

"Woah, breath Quin."

I stopped and actually took a deep breath.

"Training is cancelled, Nate just sent me to tell you since we can't mind link yet."

"Oh. Ok. I'll be more prepared next time." I smiled and so did he.

"Well, I'll see you later on today, you can go back to sleep."

"Ok." he looked me over and then left.

I threw myself back on the bed and fell into a blissful sleep.

My eyes lazily opened when I heard someone knock on the door.

I unwrapped my body from my burrito blanket and got up to answer the door.

I was surprised to see Alex's mate at my door. Athena, I think was her name.

"Hey good morning, oh sorry did I wake you up?"

I yawned but smiled at her and shook my head.

"Nope, you came just in time." I opened my door for her to come in and she did.

"Nate wants you down stairs in an hour so he could present you to the entire pack so we can all accept you."

Oh crap, I totally forgot about that.

If you join a new pack your presented in front of everyone and they all have to accept you into the pack as well.

"Hey, I can feel you from here relax." She let out a little laugh and I just smiled because I was still so nervous.

"They are all going to love you." She sat on the bed and looked around the room.

"No offense but you should really do something with your room. Its kind of ....."

"Boring?" I said as I raised an eyebrow at her but she put her hands up in a surrendering way and stood up.

"Hey your words not mine." I laughed and shook my head.

I think I'm going to really like her.

"So be down in an hour k?" She was almost out of the door when I stopped her.

"Hey... um do you think I could barrow some clothes? I'll return them I promise." She looked me up and down and then left.

She could have just said no...

I sat back on my bed just thinking of what I'm going to do for money, and food.

I was never really one to depend on someone for money, Ive always been independent.

A few seconds later my door opened and in walked Athena.

"Here you go!" she dropped two garbage bags onto my floor.