Chapter 33

(Eva's POV)

The sky was as dark as our moods that day.

The grey clouds decorated the sky as it looked like it was about to rain.

Everyone was dressed in black, and a glooming feeling lingered as we all stood there waiting for them to bring Hawk.

I explained to Max last night what had happened. He was confused, he had just seen hawk and now he's gone.

It took us all night for me to calm him down when he finally realized his father was dead.

He wanted revenge, he wanted his father back, he wanted justice. But his heart was broken more than anything.

Adam, Michael, Brian, Natalia, and a few of the pack warriors came out carrying his casket and placing it into the ground.

The came over to us after saying their goodbyes and I handed Max over to Natalia as I stepped forward and onto a rock.

Nate was kind enough to let us burry him here, more for Max's benefit more than anything.

Braxton and his father stood there as they stood next to Nate and David.

"Today we mourn the loss of a fallen pack member, brother, father, and friend." My throat began to tighten but I continued.

"Hawk fought everyday with everything he had in him. He had heart. He was passionate and caring. He put others before himself and protected his son the best way he knew how. More than anything Hawk loved his son and I vow right here, right now that he will always be my number one priority along with the pack." I took a deep breath and I knew I couldn't show weakness in front of the packs.

"One thing I will always carry with me is the day I met Hawk. He was very kind to me, he never feared me, and he never questioned my past. We were sitting by a pond and the weather was amazing. We were having a discussion about me as a person. And he turned and looked at me and said 'You know Autumn is very different. Everything is beautiful, yet everything is dying.'"

I looked at Max as he stood there starring at his fathers dead body. He glanced up at me as a tear slid down his cheek.

"Hawk is gone, but he will always be with us. Maybe not physically but spiritually and in our hearts. But Hawk did not die in vein. He died protecting his son, and protecting this pack. And for that, I want to thank him." I grabbed some dirt and lifted my hand into the air and looked at everyone.

"WITH HONOR AND PRIDE...."

"WE FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT." People in my pack continued as I threw the dirt on his grave.

Some of the guys shifted and I stood there and watched as people came and paid their respects.

I went down and back over to Natalia and grabbed Max by the hand.

Tears rolled down his cheek as he said his goodbye.

"I'll miss you daddy. Until we meet again." he said.

I bent down and Max threw his arms around my neck and cried.

I lifted him up as, I walked back to the pack house.

There was a party afterwards to celebrate to lives that were lost from my pack, and Nate's pack.

I lost one good friend but Nate lost a few.