Chapter 3

(Nate's POV)

I watched as Braxton's car left as he went home to pack.

I finally pin pointed every location that a werewolf could be without the cold weather affecting us too much.

I really don't think going on a trip with another Alpha is going to go well but he refused to stay behind.

I guess it was his way or no way.

"So you really think she could be alive?"

I heard Ariana say as I walked into the room.

I closed the door so that we could have more privacy to talk.

Sighing as I sat on the bed where she was at, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I... I don't know. A part of me wants her so bad to be alive but..."

"Nate that sentence shouldn't even have a 'but' in it." she said.

An involuntary growl escaped my lips as I stood up and started to pace the room.

"Earlier in the cell that rogue said something. And it just made my blood boil to even thi-"

Ariana placed her hand on my shoulder and I looked down to see her worried eyes and I knew she was scared that I was going to shift.

"What did he say?" She softly asked.

I sighed and listened to the words replay over in my mind.

"I scream when I'm in pain but not as loud as your mate did when they would beat her." I felt her hand slip from my shoulders as I walked over to the window that showed the bright stars reflecting off of it.

"That's why you want her to be dead. If she was alive these past couple of years and you did nothing to help her then you... you feel guilty."

Her voice dropped at the end and I just growled. My wolf and I were frustrated. But Ariana was right about one thing I did feel guilty.

I turned to look at her and sighed.

"Yes. which is why I'm leaving."

I grabbed my suitcase from the closest opening so that I could start putting things my things in there.

"Leaving? Leaving where?" She asked as she watched with sad eyes.

I looked away knowing well enough that if I kept starring at my mates perfect eyes, that I wouldn't leave.

"That rogue told us that he escaped and when he did it was cold outside. There are only a few different places that we could survive in that type of weather. Braxton and I are going to check them all."

I threw some shirts in before I closed the suitcase and grabbed the other one.

"How long are you planning to be gone for?" her voice sounded so hurt but I couldn't give in.

I walked over to the dressers and grabbed some socks, my passport, and my wallet.

"As long as it takes to find Eva." I said throwing the socks into the bag and closing that up.

I walked towards the front of the bedroom door and left the bags right there.

"Please... don't go." I turned around to see her standing there as she had her head down, and her hands clasped together.