Chapter 24

(Nate's Pov)

Danny came back into the office and nodded his head at me.

I called my father the minute after Eva got here. He rushed over from where ever the hell he was and he got here about three hours ago.

In the office was my father, Danny, Destiny, Alex, Athena, and Ariana.

My father wanted to talk to Eva's Alpha and explain her condition to him. He wanted to make sure Eva was in good hands if she decided not to stay.

"I can't believe she has returned." My father said as he took the seat next to me.

"Neither could I." I said.

The room fell silent as we heard a knock on the door.

"Enter." I said as I stood up.

When the door opened in walked everyone from Eva's pack.

"What is this?" Alex asked and one of the guys answered.

"You requested a meeting to speak with the Alpha right?"

" I did. Where is he?" I asked and they all just looked at each other.

"Speak." I said now loosing my patience.

Everyone stepped to the side and in walked a pitch black wolf with glowing red eyes.

The wolf stepped into the room everyone that walked in stepped to the side.

But I've seen those eyes before... but it couldn't be.

She started growling at her friends and they all bowed before her, submitting to her.

"No..." My father said and then after a few seconds she stopped growling.

She stoop back up and so did everyone else. She walked out of the room and came back with leggings, a shirt and a leather jacket.

The members of her pack bowed their heads as she walked through them. Now, she was standing in the front.

"You're the Alpha?" Ariana asked shocked evident in her voice.

To say we were all shocked would be an understatement.

We knew we felt power radiating off of her but we thought it was because of her wolf. The last thing we expected was her to be Alpha.

"How did this happen?" My father asked looking at her.

She turned her eyes to him but looked back at me and shrugged.

"That is not important. What was it that you needed to speak to me about?" She cocked her eyebrow at me but I shook my head.

"I wanted to go over your wolf status with your Alpha but considering..."

"That I am the Alpha? I am well aware of my capabilities Nate. Is that all?" She sounded offended and I knew we screwed up.

"Who is your Beta?" Danny asked. She looked at him for a few seconds before looking to her right as the guy who spoke before stepped forward.

"This is my Beta Adam. He was the one who developed the scanner that we used to hear about the attacks." Adam bowed his head at us and we just looked at him.

"Your th-"

"My third is Natalia. She is our survivalist expert and Adam's mate."