Chapter 35

(Braxton's POV)

          The rhythm of her breathing was just as mesmerizing as her smile.

       She had been asleep for two hours, arm draped over her sons small frame.

     I could not bring myself to leave their hide. Her side.

      My wolf was finally at ease knowing he could now protect her.

     The day she left was the day she took a part of me with her.

    I hadn't know the extent of what her existence would do to me if she ever were to leave.

       But that day I knew.

   But she lays there, on my bed, with her son sleeping peacefully.

    It had been five hours since they have been asleep and my body has not yet made any movement to leave.

    Work awaits in the office, so I decide to get up and attend to it before the sun comes up.

     I had been in my office for about two hours when I hear movement in the bedroom.

      I could hear her breathing but I could not hear his.

    I closed my laptop and walked over to the room.

  Slowly, I opened the door only to find Evangeline in the bed still asleep.

    The one who was missing was her son Max.

        I looked around the room and didn't see him.

      But I felt him. Looking up towards the ceiling he was right there levitating.

     He was looking at me with curious eyes as he lowered himself.

    "Who are you?" he asked.

     Shocked by his sudden need to talk I hesitated.

     "Alpha Braxton. Why are you not sleeping?" I asked and he just looked at me.

   He tilted his head to the side as he levitated there. 

      "I don't sleep long. But you should lower your voice mommy is sleeping." he replied.

        He turned and looked at her but lifted up his hand to move the blanket and cover her body.

         She moved but remained asleep.

     "Come." I said as I exited the room and went downstairs.

    I turned to look and see if he was following me but he was not.

       He placed his feet on the floor and looked over at Evangeline.

     "Your mother is asleep." I said and he looked at me with a annoyed look.

     "I will make you something to eat." I said as I tried to bribe him.

    The need to have her sleep for once was great, my wolf knew her wolf was restless but as he saw her sleep he knew she needed this.

    The boy hesitated before following me down the stairs.

   Our steps echoed in the hallway as we continued until we reached the kitchen.

    I turned on the light as I walked over to the fridge.

      "Do you know how to make pancakes?" he asked.

   "I do."

      "Can you make me some? My dad used to make me some at night." he sat down on the chair at the counter and waited for me to reply.