Chapter 14

(Nate's POV)

"Is she....." Danny asked.

"She's shifting." I said and watched and listened to her bones brake one by one.

She never cried, she never screamed, she held everything in. If it wasn't for her facial expression I wouldn't have ever guessed that she was in pain.

But her facial expression gave her away and I knew she was in pain.

I bent down to the grown and made eye contact with her.

"You can do this Eva. Don't fight it and let it happen."

She never said anything back but I could tell she was listening to me.

I know she was fighting against the transition because it shouldn't be that painful to shift into your wolf.

My father came running out into the backyard with the rest of us and looked down at Eva.

"She's shifting?" He asked surprised that her wolf was back.

The doctor told us that her wolf wasn't with her because of all the drugs they used on her over the past couple of years that she was with them.

"I think." But something was wrong.

It was like her wolf was fighting to get out but something was something was stopping her to do so.

So we sat there, and watched.

We watched as her bones broke but then would repair itself after awhile.

"Nate man, this isn't right." Alex said looking from me to Eva.

It had been an hour and we were still sitting here.

At first we thought it was going to take awhile, because she hasn't been with her wolf in awhile but this.... this was taking way too long.

"Alex, go get the pack doctor." Alex did was I asked and ran in the house.

"Danny!" Danny pulled his glued eyes away from Eva and looked at me.

"Bring me water, and some towels." He nodded his head and went inside to get them.

When he came back he handed me the towel and I dipped that in the water and dabbed it on Eva's sweaty forehead.

For once, she didn't pull away from my touch and for that, I was grateful.

"You're going to be fine." I said looking at her and then to the door. Where the hell is Alex?

Finally Alex came back with the pack doctor and he asked us to step aside.

He dug into his bag and took out a syringe.

She looked at him with scared eyes and then to me when he stuck it in her neck.

Her whole body started to go limp and then her eyes were closed.

From her mouth came soft snores so I know she was still alive and breathing.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him kind of mad.