chapter 19

(Nate's POV)

"And there's no sign of them?"

"None. It's like they were here and then just vanished." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

This morning one of the pack members saw someone sketchy walking around. When I sent someone into the woods to go check it out he said he smelt something weird and he called fro back up.

We searched the perimeter and we smelt it to but we didn't know what it was.

It wasn't anyone from the pack and it wasn't a rogue either. I didn't know who could come in and out of a territory without being noticed.

"We go in shifts now. I want a 24 hour perimeter run nothing more nothing less. Set up the schedule and decide who goes when." Jordan and I were in my office and a million questions were running through my mind.

I was afraid that they were coming back for Eva. We haven't made any progress when it comes to her and I didn't need someone coming in and damaging her anymore than what she was.

It had been weeks and Eva was still cold hearted and distant from us but its not like we didn't deserve it.

I'm just trying to get everyone and everything back to the way it was.

"We'll get something man, don't worry." I sat in my chair and being Alpha has its benefits but also its disadvantages too.

"Come on, Athena wants us down for dinner." So we head down there and the first I look for is Eva but she's not here.

"Has anyone seen Eva?" Everyone says no and panic starts to set inside me but she walks in not a minute later and eats with us.

We all sat down and started eating when Braxton and his dad came in.

"James, Braxton I wasn't expecting you. Is everything alright? " I stood up and shook their hands.

"Everything is fine. I was hoping to speak to your father." James said. I noticed Braxton starring at Eva but he made no moves towards her.

"I'm sorry but you just missed him. He will be back tomorrow if you would like to come back. But in the mean time would you two care to join us?"

They accepted and Braxton sat closest to Eva.

James was telling Eva how good it was to see but she didn't say anything.

He's actually the only person she hasn't given a murderous glare to.

Braxton said his hello and she stopped moving. I saw her close her eyes for a few seconds before she continued eating again.

I give it to Eva and Braxton. Mates are not meant to stay away from each other they must have some serious will power because I wouldn't be able to do that with Ariana even if I tried.

Everything was going smoothly until Braxton spoke.

"I see you kept the dirty rogue from the other day."

Conversation stopped but James spoke up.
"You will watch your manners." he looked disprovingly at Braxton but he ignored him.

"Alpha Braxton, it is nice to see you again." She didn't smile at him but I could tell she was trying to keep the peace.

"Her name is Quin. I would appreciate it if you did not speak that way about my pack member especially one, who is a pack warrior Alpha Braxton."