Chapter 12

(Nates POV)

"Ariana wake up, we're home." She lifted her head off my shoulders and rubbed her eyes.

"Mm that took forever." She yawned and I smiled.

"Come, get Xavier." She grabbed Xavier who was laying down on the seats.

We all got out of the car mostly stretching our bodies. Twelve hours can take a toll out on your body.

Alex walked outside and smiled when he saw us.

"Tough ride?" He asked noticing all of our stiff bodies.

He finally stood in right in front of us but the smile dropped when he looked around.

"Is she with you?" his voice was small but I knew who he was talking about.

Just as he asked that Braxton pulled up right next to us so that we were right in front of him.

"Everyone go to bed. Its been a long night." With little fight everyone went inside to get cleaned up.

Ariana kissed me and said she would see me upstairs.

What surprised me the most was who came out of the house.

Bella and her mate, Alpha Jackson.

You could tell she was nervous to see if the rumors about Eva were true.

"you found her?" She asked as she walked up to us.

           I nodded my head and looked over to Braxton as he opened up the back of the uhaul to reveal a cage that had a sleeping girl in it.

But Eva was starting to wake up when Braxton jumped inside to unhook the cage.

She looked around frantically, and any wolf could hear that her heart was beating rapidly.

"Eva?" I heard Bella say.

Eva's eyes shot forward and she was starring at Bella.

But that's not what got me. It was the emotion that passed through her eyes when she saw Bella.

Trust.

Eva starred at Bella as she walked towards her.

"Eva its me Bella, remember?" Bella had unshed tears in her eyes.

Everyone knew Bella was the main one to feel really guilty about Eva being alive this whole time.

She left Eva behind, granted she did think Eva was dead.

Bella got really close, so close that she reached out and tried to touch her but Braxton growled which only resulted in Jackson growling back at him.

Eva was snapped out of her trance when she heard the growling and coward away from her touch.

"Stop it both of you." Bella hissed at Jackson and Braxton making them both stop.

But it was too late.

Eva curled in a small ball in the corner of her cage and didn't even move.

It was like she completely shut down.

Bella sighed as a tear slid down her face.