Opened a door

Melissa (Two weeks ago)

Thump, thump, thump!

MY heart beats against my chest, seeming as if it wants nothing more than to just escape. It's not every day you feel the need to constantly pray about your partner's lack of attention in you. At least not to me it wasn't an everyday thing. But you know what they say, God will always answer your prayers, just on his own time. The right time.

Even if the way he answers might seem just completely erratic and weird.

As I speed down the quiet hallway of the third floor to my husband's office, I continue to pray and pray to God to give me the strength to be able to contain myself for whatever I was called to see. For whatever closed door he chose to open for me today.

"You don't know me, but I know you because I've seen you at your husband's firm many times. Please don't hang up. You won't believe what I'm about to say to you, so it's better if you see for yourself. Come to your husband's firm right now" The voice of an elderly woman rings over and over again in my head as if it were a fire alarm.

I didn't understand what was happening. I didn't know who I was speaking to. I was still sitting in my car because I had just gotten home from work, dumbfounded and confused. I'd never received a call like that before. Yet, I acted like any smart woman would and reversed my car out of the driveway as fast as I could.

Now, in this moment, as I stand before the long, glossy wooden door, chills run down my spine. My body trembles in fear. I don't think I'm ready. Yet, I don't cower.

My left hand, the hand that contains my wedding ring, quivers as I reach for the doorknob.

"Lord please give me strength" I release a deep breath and twist the door open. I thought I knew what to expect behind that door. I thought I was completely, honestly ready to see whatever was behind that door. I didn't expect to collapse right onto the floor at what awaited me behind that door.

My husband thrusting vigorously into the woman that I've come to know as his new secretary. Her bent over his desk with her skirt bunch over her hips, moaning out in pleasure that I thought he was only capable of giving to me. And him, with his head thrown back, enjoying himself just as much as she is.

"O-oh God" I slam the door shut, and try as hard as I possibly can to get off the floor. I crawl away from the door as tears freely flow out of my eyes as if they were Niagara Falls. My visions blur, and my heart palpitate in pure shock.

"No, no, no, no, no" I try to breathe because my lungs suddenly feel as though they're giving up on me. My heart beats a hundred miles per minute as if I'd just ran the most successful marathon on this planet.

God answered my prayers.

I hear the door swing open and that's when I'm snatch right back into reality, and I quickly struggle back onto my feet and put my running skills to use, and speed down the hallway.

I'm a coward.

"MEL!" He calls after me, and I just know that he's running right behind me. I neglect my heels and continue my running barefoot, my feet slapping against the tile flooring.

The elevator has got to be close.

"MELISSA! PLEASE STOP!"

Not even ten full seconds later, my back harshly makes contact with the metal elevator, and my husband crushes me against it with his muscular body. I close my eyes tightly, trying very hard to quell my tears in.

"Baby" He's out of breath. "Baby I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so freaking sorry Mel. I didn't want to do this to you. You didn't deserve this baby" he cries against my chest.

My eyes fly open and I feel something that I haven't felt in a long time since I've been with this man. Rage. Fury. Anger. Madness. Hurt. Lividity.

I push against his shoulders forcefully, causing him to stumble back a bit. I push against his chest again and this time he nearly falls. I raise the same dang hand that contains my wedding ring and bring it down to his cheek harshly.

"How could you do something like this to me!" I slap him again. "We have two damn kids together! Two!" I continuously land hits anywhere I could, and he just stands there and accepts them like the man that he certainly isn't.

"Look at me in the damn eyes and tell me why the hell you did something like that to me Rony? Look at me!" I slap him again.

Slowly, his dark brown eyes comes up to meet my green ones with great amount of tears.

I smack him again, angry and repulsed at the sight of him. He doesn't deserve to cry.

He doesn't deserve me.

<><><><>

Vote & Comment