Thanksgiving day

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

November, Thursday

[Explicit]

Melissa

"Veronica"

I quickly stop myself from pushing the bathroom door open after hearing that name. My heart rate instantly picks up when I immediately realize that the person who just uttered that name is Rony.

My stomach churns and I'm quickly consumed by hurt and anger. Hurt that he's talking to her, and angry that, shoot, he's talking to her! Rony seriously stopped loving me. He honestly lost all care towards me. He doesn't give a damn about this marriage, if we can even call it that.

"That's not my damn baby Veronica, and you know it!" He whisper shouts at the woman, that I presume he is on the phone with, because there's no way he's that crazy to bring her here. I place a hand over my pulsing heart.

"I never said it was yours Rony, now did I?" I hear the familiar voice of the woman and my blood immediately turns cold. Suddenly I'm freezing from the warm shower that I just took. "I just simply wanted to let you know that I met your wife. She's quite a sight by the way, so beautiful with a very nice body. She doesn't look the least bit boring in bed" The woman continues, seduction dripping from her tone.

I shake my head. I can't believe my ears.

"Why the hell are you calling me Veronica? Haven't you done enough?! You ruined my family—" Rony starts to say but she quickly cuts him off.

"I ruined absolutely nothing of yours Rony!" She shouts back at him. "If anything, I brought one of your fantasies to life. I don't recall you turning me down all those times I threw myself at you. You wanted me remember?" She chuckles.

I cover my mouth in pure shock. The fact that I'm just standing here with this much strength that I thought I lost long ago, listening to this, is just outstanding to me. My husband, supposed to be, is on the phone with his mistress. In the freaking same room that I slept so comfortably in his arms last night.

"Veronica—"

I feel as if I'm being staggered in the heart each time I hear him say her name.

"But that's not why I called" she takes a deep breath on her end, and for some reason I find myself getting ready to hear what she has to say next. "Do I still have a job?" She has the audacity to ask. And I'm instantly confused because I thought she still had a job.

"Hell no! I'm done with you! You were a big mistake! Big, big mistake Veronica. I wish I'd never met you. I hate myself because of you!"

"I didn't rape you Rony, so you can't blame me for not being able to keep it in your pants. I mean, you know what they say, sometimes big is useless. Your wife has a pretty big ass, but perhaps she couldn't work it very well"

The woman has the nerve to insult me, and instantly I regret not mopping the floor with her at the Garden State.

"Watch your mouth Veronica. Don't disrespect my wife—"

"I'm not doing anything that you haven't done. You disrespected her the minute you even thought about sleeping me with me. Furthermore, you disrespected her when you had sex with me at my house. On that red little couch"

The amount of amusement and joy the woman's voice contains from recalling those memories makes her sound purely demonic to me. She sounds proud and happy that she wrecked a home. That she wrecked me, as though I did something to her. I don't even know the woman, yet she sounded so vengeful. So out to get me, to destroy me, to break me and to just steal from me. For what? I don't even know.