A dare

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

November, Friday

Melanie

"So what's going on with you and Mel?" I ask, briefly staring at Rony as he slowly pulls in front of my personal hell. Also known as Damen High School. You'd think from how known I am and the number of people that knows me in this place, I would love coming to it, but absolutely not. I bolt from it at the most feeble opportunity.

I can't wait to graduate from the place, and I thank God it's finally happening this year.

Rony turns his head to look at me. I turn my head to look back at him, unable to miss the puffiness of his brown eyes and the big black bags that adapted their way underneath them. "Why do you assume that something is going on?" he raises a dark bushy eyebrow.

I chuckle "I'm seventeen, and not dumb. You have not slept in the house for two weeks, and I know damn well you and Mel too darn freaky to stay away from each other for more than a few hours" I tease, reaching down to pick up my MK purse from the floor. Rony chuckles, but even the most oblivious person on earth can tell that it's forced.

I position my bag on my lap, expectantly staring at Rony who still hasn't answered me. "Sooooo?"

He sighs "I messed up Lanie" he closes his eyes and throws his head back against the headrest. "Real damn bad" he groans and I frown.

"What do you mean you messed up? How much of a mess did you make?" I unbuckle my seatbelt and fully turn on the seat so that I can really look at him. He looks as if he is in pure agony, and that instantly does something to my heart because I have never seen him like that. Not since his parent's funeral.

"A big mess, Melanie" He roughly scrubs his hands over his face. "A huge mess" he breathes out.

I don't want to believe what he's throwing me, let alone even think of what I think he's throwing me. But seeing how miserable my sister have been looking lately, and how many times I've stood behind her door listening to her cry herself to sleep at night, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out the problem. "Rony please tell me you didn't cheat" I utter out the words very slowly, because I still refuse to believe it.

Please make him say no. Please let my surmise be wrong. Just this one time, I need it to be wrong because I need my heart rate to decelerate. I need it to be wrong because I don't want to feel this fury right now.

Rony doesn't answer.

"Rony please tell me you didn't freaking cheat! Please tell me that you didn't cheat! Answer me!" I exclaim, throwing my hands out angrily.

"I didn't mean to! I didn't mean to!" He shouts back, completely catching me off guard with the base in his tone. " It was a moment of weakness and I, I just-" he starts to ramble,in a softer tone, sounding nothing but an intoxicated man.

"What the f*ck Rony?!" I explode, in complete disbelief that he actually really freaking cheated on my sister. "What the hell do you mean it was a moment of weakness? You freaking cheated on the woman you've practically loved all your life! Y'all been together for thirteen years Rony, the hell wrong with you!" I reach over and smack his chest, completely forgetting the fact that he's a grown behind man.

"I know Lanie! I know! Don't you think I regret it?" He knuckles up his fist and knock on his forehead. "I'm stupid! I know!" he throws his hands up dramatically.

"You can't tell me that she was slacking on the coochie, cause I know for sure that ain't true" I sass.

"I-I don't know why I did it, I-"