Not like my mother

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

December, Tuesday

Jade

[Explicit]

"Hey" Jeremiah greets me after I open the door for him. He's in workout clothes. But that's not what catches my eyes because I've been seeing him like this every day for the past two weeks that I've been here.

"What happened to your hands?" I frown at the brown bandage over his right hand. Ever since I met Jeremiah in elementary school, the only time I can honestly really remember him being hurt was when his accident happened. Otherwise, it's like the boy has been careful his whole life.

"It's nothing" he responds nonchalantly. I give him a questioning look because Jeremiah doesn't lie to me. "You're going out?" His eyes trail over my body.

"So you're not going to tell me what happened" I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the door. He lifts up the blue gatorade bottle in his hand and take a swig. I watch as he slowly licks his lips after.

"It's really nothing. Trust me" he looks into my eyes. I look away. I hear him release a deep breath. "You know I would've told you if it was something major" he reaches for my arm and capture my small hand into his.

"I don't know anymore" I slowly snatch my hand out of his and cross it over my chest again.

"Can we talk please?" He asks softly. I look at him this time. We search each other's eyes for something. Whatever it is.

I'm the one to release a deep breath this time "I'm going out" I motion over my body. "And besides, I thought we'd already done that"

"Jade please. I hate having you mad at me"

"I'm not mad Jeremiah" I say truthfully because I stopped being mad at him just a couple days after realizing that it wasn't anger I was feeling. It was embarrassment.

"Then why are we in this house together and not talking?" He shoves his hands into his sweats and rock back and forth on his heels.

"I don't know. I've been too embarrassed to approach you" I admit, dropping my arms to my sides.

"Can I come in?" He nods towards the well made bed in the room.

"It's your house" I move to the side to give him a clear path to walk in.

"But this is your room." He steps in the room and sits on the bed. "And it's my parent's house" he corrects with a small smile.

"Whatever" I close the door behind me and walk to sit on the bed next to him.

"You look pretty. Where're you going?" He compliments with a genuine smile. I roll my eyes, even though his compliment and his nosiness makes me smile myself.

"Somewhere" is all I answer because I don't think I'm ready to disclose that information to him just yet.

"Ouch. We're keeping secrets now" he places his hand over his heart and feign like he's hurt. I lightly push his shoulder with a chuckle.

"I'm just not ready to tell you yet"

"Okay" he says after a few seconds. We stare at each other for a couple more prolonging seconds. He reaches for my hands that were on my lap and hold them in his. "I miss talking to you" he says softly as he run his thumbs over my hands.

"Me too" I look down at our hands. "We never stopped talking before"

"I know. And I'm sorry that I caused that"