Special day

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

November, Saturday

Melanie

"What happened to your face?" I stop to look at Mayra with a questioning look. Although she tried her absolute hardest to cover it with makeup, correction, a crapload of makeup, her face still looks disfigured in a way.

"Did you get into a fight Mayra? What the hell is that bump?" I step towards her to touch her face, but she quickly backs up, almost landing on her butt from the tall heels that she's wearing.

"I'll tell you all about it later ma'am, but today is your birthday, so I don't need you to worry about me, okay? Okay, let's proceed birthday girl" she wraps her arm around mine, plant a kiss against my cheek and hold the door to the restaurant open for me.

"I swear if you left red lipstick stain on my cheek, I'm going to eff you up"

"Huh uh, nope, nope, you're not allowed to be a mean girl today. Save it for midnight" Mayra gives me a wink as we approach the hostesses of the restaurant.

I roll my eyes "This place looks expensive as hell" I look around at the beautiful waterfalls on either sides of us and behind the receptionist. And although there are a few more people in the room, waiting in the very short line, it feels as though it's only Mayra and I present. "Is this even a restaurant?" I look up at Mayra.

Naturally I'm a couple inches taller than her, but today she outdid herself with the tall behind heels that she's wearing. Some would call her extra, and I would agree. I don't even know how she even managed to make it in here without breaking her neck.

"This is ridiculous" I size her up and down. Her dress is so short and tight that I'm pretty sure if she bends over right now that everything would just tear apart.

"What is?" She bats her extremely long eyelashes down at me. She looks almost unrecognizable today that I'm a bit deceptive about whether or not I'm with the right person.

"You don't look like Mayra, to the point where it's ridiculous. You're wearing mad makeup, you have your hair in a very tight bun that even I'm getting a migraine just by looking at it. You're wearing these awfully long eyelashes, I'm confused. What's going on?" I stare longingly at her.

It honestly sounds like I'm being judgmental, but honestly I feel as though I'm being an attentive friend at this point. Jade's words keep repeating in my head.

She rolls her eyes, and I kid you not, her freaking eyelashes reached up to her edges. "Ugh. Can you please not judge me right now?"

"I'm not judging you. I'm just making sure that you're okay and that you're not hiding anything from me. Your face is swollen for God's sake" I whisper-shout at her, not wanting to cause a scene at this place that looks way to fancy for this conversation.

"I told you we would talk about it later Melanie. Can you please just drop it and enjoy this night that I've spent a lot of time, money and energy to plan for you. Please?"

I nod reluctantly after a minute. Only because we've reach the receptionists. "Hello" I greet with a timid smile.

"Hi. Welcome to Halems , how may I help you?" The blonde receptionist requires with a very polite smile of her own.

"I love your outfit. You look great girl!" The brunette receptionist exclaims before Mayra could even get a word out.

"Thank you" I smile, quickly looking down at my all pink attire.