Little Jade

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

November, Thursday

Melanie

Jeremiah is not talking to me.

It's been three full days since we kissed. Three complete days since I saw him lose control. Since he lost control with me. Since our kiss opened up this part of my body that I never knew existed. It's been three full days since he's answered any of my calls, texts, snaps, Instagram messages, or even my Facebook messages. And the crazy fact is that I rarely use Facebook!

I don't know what I did. I thought we spent a great day together on Monday. We even fell asleep on FaceTime together. I thought we were actually on our way to build something solid. I was so extremely happy, until I texted him on Tuesday morning and he never answered. It got even worse when I got to fifth period, and he wasn't in the weight room. I just assumed that he wasn't at school. But he was. I saw him in the lunchroom looking contrary to how I was feeling.

So I assumed that his phone wasn't working. But it was. I watched him play on it our whole lunch period. It was my pride that kept me from walking up to him that day. I decided to try one more time, although it was obvious that he was ignoring me, I didn't want to believe it, so I texted him again on Wednesday. I messaged him on every social media account that he owned. He responded to none of them.

That day when I saw him in the weight room and he avoided any eye contact with me, I knew for sure that he was ignoring me. I just didn't know why, and I still don't because he ignored me today as well. But today, I'm choosing to do something about it.

I'm going to his house to confront him.

"This is my, I don't know, hundredth message to you. And since I know that you're for sure listening to them and just simply ignoring me, I'm on my way to your house right now. Matter of fact, I'm pulling into your driveway because I demand a freaking explanation!" I shout at his voicemail and remove the phone from my ear to hang up.

"Whoah!" My mouth drops open when I slowly pull into the very grand driveway in front of their gigantic house. I would never have imagine that his family are the ones living here. Although I know that they're overly wealthy from being very known preachers and having a very big, successful church. I just expected the place to be more concealed and gate secured. Like Vanessa and Jerome's place.

I even expected guards.

I didn't expect the address Jeremiah sent me, a very long time ago, to be this house that I drive by nearly everyday. The same house that I've been driving by since I came down here from Georgia.

"Holy crap! His parents are richer than I thought" I say to myself, gradually exiting my car with my eyes taking in as much of the place as I can. This place looks even bigger than Vanessa's. And Vanessa's house is a very big one.

"No wonder why Jeremiah is so popular!" I exclaim, yet again, to myself. Apparently I've never had the opportunity to be in the presence of a big house like this.

I slam my car shut behind me and slowly start to walk. There's a very tall waterfall in the middle of the place that's nearly the size of my old room back in Georgia. I almost go touch the water, but I restrain myself. Considering that it's nearly eight at night, the lights in the place just brings more beauty to it. I'm suddenly all giddy and excited to go inside.

When I finally reach the large, glossy wooden door, I'm instantly afraid to ring the bell. What if he slams the door in my face when he sees me?

Oh my god that would be extremely mortifying to the point where I may actually cry.