Perfect timing

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

November, Monday

Vanessa

[Explicit]

"Baby?" I slightly jump when I feel Jerome's hand crawl up my thigh. When I turn to look at him, his face holds a worried expression. "Talk to me"

When something is too good to be true, you just don't let yourself believe it all the way. Well maybe that's just me but I just don't believe in perfection.

No matter how happy something is supposed to make you, you shouldn't always take it and be happy right away. Nothing hurts more than having that happiness snatched away from you. And perhaps that's what I'm afraid of. I'm not letting myself be happy, when I should be the happiest person alive right now.

"Come back to me" I feel Jerome's hand on my face and his thumb tracing my lips. I snap out of it and find him squatting right before my feet. The frown on his handsome face makes me reach down and cup his cheeks in between my hands. He closes his eyes briefly and lean into my touch.

"Talk to me baby, did I do something wrong?" His grey eyes fills up with worry. I let out a deep breath and shake my head. "Come on" he gets up from the squatting position and pull me up to my feet along with him.

"Where're we going?" I ask as he guides me out of the kitchen, his front press against my back, and his hands on my waist.

"To talk. I need to know what's wrong with my wife. So please tell me beautiful, what's on your mind?" He plops himself down on one of our black leather couches and pull me down onto his lap. "Talk to me baby" he caresses my cheek and place kisses on my neck.

I close my eyes, and release a deep breath "I'm pregnant" The words sound so alien coming from my mouth. Just so incredulous coming from my mouth. But the four different pregnancy tests with plus signs on them, laying upstairs in my bathroom on my side of the lavabo, make it very much truthful.

I'm pregnant.

I look at my husband's stunned expression with a small smile tugging at my lips. His eyes, wide as the ocean, and his mouth open in the largest form of an O. Gradually his face starts to turn red and I know that he isn't breathing. "Babe?"

"Jerome?" I place my hands against his cheek and shake his head to snap him out of it. "Breathe Jerome" he lets out a loud gasp and I chuckle.

"Y-you're p-preg-pregnant?!" I think I know what's going, but when I see my head close to the fan on the ceiling, I let out a shriek, realizing that Jerome has lifted me. "Oh God you're pregnant!" He spins us around and I wrap my limbs around him with a laugh.

"I'm sorry baby, but Holy shit, I'm going to be a dad! I'm going to be a mom! I mean you're going to be a mom. We're pregnant!" He puts me down and rambles happily. I find myself laughing hysterically.

The fear that consumed me earlier vanishes into sparse air, and I'm instantly grateful. The moment is finally hitting me. Oh how wrong that pregnancy test I took on thursday was.

I could feel it in my soul this morning that something great was going to happen. I just didn't expect it to be the answer to something that I'd been praying for, for years. When I ate peanut butter this morning and felt the intsant urge to throw up, I listened to my body and ran into the nearest bathroom. As my body revolted the contents into the toilet, I knew. Usually I'd take the tests with Jerome, but this morning I didn't hesitate to drive to the nearest pharmacy and buy four of the most expensive tests in the place.