First impression

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

November, Wednesday

Melanie

"It's just a boy Melanie, a random PK boy" I repeatedly say to remind myself. My hand on the knob, but yet again I'm hesitant to open the door. Fearful of what? The very handsome guy that is standing in our driveway? I mean, how badly can this one little date go? After all, he's a pastor's kid, and I'm a very bad girl, not part of the worship team or nothing, so how badly can this one date go?

Damn, why'd I agree to do this?

I look down at my shoes and briefly ponder on the idea of whether or not Jeremiah will like my attire. I don't even know why I'm dressed so fancy for this anyway. It's not like it's a real date. I'm even shocked that he agreed to it. All I know is that Jade texted me that he's taking me to dinner. Out of all the places he could've chosen, he picked a damn restaurant. A very fancy one too, so that made it a requirement for me to dress up.

That, and the fact that I may or may not want to slightly impress him. Although I can just imagine how embrassed I'll be if I walk out there and he's dressed extremely casual.

With a loud grown, I push the door open and walk out, holding onto the little string of hope that by a miracle from heaven, Jeremiah will take my mind away from Marcus. Or even at least from anything that I've ever done with him. Fortunately for me, taking me to a fancy restaurant was certainly a great start. Marcus never took me out to eat.

Not unless you count fast food restaurants.

I do my best to not overreact when I finally see Jeremiah, but damn if my heart feels the same way

I do my best to not overreact when I finally see Jeremiah, but damn if my heart feels the same way. I unexpectedly swallow out of nowhere, startling myself, as my eyes travel over him. There he stands in front of his white Mercedes Benz, so freaking tall and handome with his hands tuck in his pockets. His muscular arms bulging underneath the short-sleeves of his blue dress shirt. Goddamn he really does command everyone's attention.

And he most certainly has my undivided one. And that definitely comes as a shock to me, because not to be prejudice or anything but I'm not the type of girl that normally finds chocolate men attractive.

Oh shit.

Instinctively, I wipe the corners of my mouth and slowly approach him, my heart beating a mile per minute. Just why oh why does he have to be so fine? His edge as sharp as a razor, with mad waves covering the top of his head. Jeremiah's definitely every girl's wet dream.

"Y-you work out a lot?" Is my greeting when I stand before him. I throw a hand over my mouth, shocked that I blurt that out but aware that it's already too late to take my words back. "I-I mean, hi. I'm Melanie Nicci Gustavo"