What a Day

Chapter 15

                I felt the warmth against skin. I felt soft fabric laid over the top of me. My eyes were still firmly shut. I remembered why I passed out.

                I was walking. Then pain. It shot through my shoulder. It got worse and worse. The feeling as I fell to the ground. My parents, Xavier, Susanna and… and Ollie. They looked at each other. They were talking. The Royal presence I was gaining earlier than normal. Wait! What was on my back?

                I fluttered my eyes open and I was greeted to the sight of my bedroom. I looked down at myself. My hair was strewn over the bed and I realised I was in one of my nightgowns. I felt fine now. I felt strong and alive but I felt like I had a greater presence in the room, one that matches Ollie’s.

                I heaved myself into a sitting position and I stretched out loosening all of my muscles from sleep. I rolled my left shoulder remembering the pain that shot though it that night. That was another question. Why was my shoulder hurting when I was gaining my Royal Presence? So many questions were swirling through my head and I couldn’t make heads or tails of any of them.

                I was about to swing the covers off of me and climb out of bed but the door slammed open. I looked up into the beautiful earthly eyes of Ollie. His hair was dishevelled. His eyes were full of worry. His clothes were uneven and messy. Most of all he looked tired and drained. Quite frankly, he was a mess.

                I stood up and climbed out of bed so I was standing. I looked back at Oliver who was still stood at the door. I noticed his breathing was erratic and uneven. My heart was breaking seeing him like this and it was all because of me. I looked down at my feet holding and fiddling with my hands in front of me. It was a bit of a nervous habit.

                The guilt was washing over me as I felt Oliver’s emotions wash through our mind link. They were full of guilt, sadness but most of all worry. I had caused this. I had caused these emotions. He was like this because of me and the guilt was consuming me.

                I had been so lost within my thoughts that I had noticed his figure closing in on me. I felt him place his hands on my waist and pull me close to him so we were touching. His arms encased me as if he was trying to protect me from any harm. He placed his head into the crook of my neck before inhaling deeply.

                I felt him shudder from breathing in my scent. I had done this to him. He was in this state because he was worrying over me. I didn’t like seeing him like this. I didn’t want to see him in this state. He was a mess and my heart was breaking because of this.

                My arms were wrapped around his neck and I felt a tear fall from eye and roll down my cheek before dropping onto Oliver’s shirt. This tear soon led to more and soon the tears kept dropping onto his shirt and Oliver noticed for the first time.

                His head shot up quickly and he looked straight into my eyes. I stared into his as the tears began to full. He cupped my face within his hands rubbing away the tears with his thumb. His face turned into a frown as he looked at me.

                “Don’t cry, please,” Ollie pleaded.

                “I am so sorry,” I cried.

                “What are you sorry for?” Oliver asked.

                “Look at you. You are a mess. Your emotions are in turmoil and it is all my fault. I am so sorry,” I sighed.