Kuroko Tetsuya x reader ~ Dance With Me

♫ Crashing, hit a wall
Right now I need a miracle
Hurry up now, I need a miracle
Stranded, reaching out
I call your name but you're not around
I say your name but you're not around

I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah, I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head, darling I hope
That you'll be here, when I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-Don't let me down ♫

The beat of the song drifted through the air as the students jumped and danced to the music in the gymnasium. The lights were flashing on and off and the smell of sweat filled the room. As the music was blasting, you stood with a group of friends off to the side singing along to the words of the song. Swaying your hips back and forth, you laughed with your friends as they did silly dances in the middle.

Although this was supposed to be fun, your heart sank every time a minute passed. It was the last dance of your senior year. That meant after this it was time to departure, to say good bye to the ones you were able to call friends, to leave the past and memories behind. The year had gone so quick that you weren't able to keep up until it was too late.

Throwing your arms into the air you jumped up and down singing along to the words that you would always remember. As you were dancing, in the corner of your eyes you saw the red headed boy you like sitting on the side lines swaying back and forth with a couple of his friends. You couldn't stop staring at him as he sang along. Although you liked him a lot all he saw you as was one of the guys and never something more. Not only that the problem was that he liked someone else. Someone who never even talked to him; someone who suddenly liked him even though they knew nothing about him. That person was one of your friends. You never told them you liked him afraid they were going to spread it like the plague through the school. But because of that decision you pretty much set yourself up for rejection. Everyone shipped those two together so even if you were going to confess, it would have not worked out because the other students would have roasted you alive. Even though you knew that it wasn't going to work out and that he would never see you more than just a friend you kept hoping that he liked you back. You had a spark of hope inside of you that kept you moving forward, telling you that you had a chance. A chance to finally be with someone who meant so much to you.

Suddenly the loud blasting dub step song ended, and before you knew it a slow romantic song played. As you and your group of friends turned towards the guys, you ran your hand through your (h/c) hair while you saw a couple of guys walking towards you. Scanning the group of males walking towards you, you notice Kagami walking near you and your friends. Puffing out your chest you smile your best smile waiting to be asked. But suddenly he walked passed you brushing you off like a piece of dust as he asked your friend to dance. And of course she said yes. The feeling of pain ran through your body as you felt your heart sink to the pit of your stomach, still though you smiled as every friend of yours was asked to dance except you. Placing a fake smile on your face, you took a seat on the side before breaking into tears. Holding your knees close to your chest, you watched as Kagami danced with another person. Using your hands to covering your face you hoped no one would notice that you were crying but little did you know your best friend was watching you.

As you tried stopping yourself from crying you noticed a shadow in your presence. Looking up you saw Kuroko standing before you. His hand was out and there was sweet and gentle smile across his face.

"May I have this dance (F/n)?" He asked. Your eyes broaden as slowly your chest began to beat quicker and harder. You could feel a small smile form as you nodded your head.

"I would love to." You said, taking his hand he led you to the dance floor. Putting his hands on your waist, you wrapped your arm around his neck gently as you both swayed back and forth. While you both were dancing you could hear the awes everyone was making as you and Kuroko slow danced. You could feel your cheeks become heated as your palms got sweatier from the nervousness which clouded your mind. Although it was silence between you two when you danced, you didn't mind it. You actually kind of liked it. Your head was resting against his shoulder as you felt his breath against yours. His heart was beating at a calm and consistent pace, unlike yours which was rapidly pounding causing him to whisper to you.

"Calm down." He whispered into your ear. "Just pretend we're back in elementary, when we danced and didn't care about what people thought. Just like old times."

Nodding your head, you took a deep breath in before relaxing yourself, you felt your heart beat become a gentle consistent pace as your mind slowly began to be filled with Kuroko's image. Holding him tightly you soon forgot about the tears, about the pain, about Kagami. Soon Kagami was only a friend in your mind, you couldn't even remember why you liked him at that point all you could think about was Kuroko. About all the good things he did for you, about the times he was there for you when you needed someone. He was the only thing on your mind.

As the song began to fade out, everyone released their partner. Including you, as you released your arms around Kuroko, you tried pushing away. But instead of being released, he pulled you in closer to him, whispering three words in your ears which changed your life forever.

"I love you."

The end
----------------------------------------------
A/N: Wow I haven't written a story for so long!! I was on hiatus due from the testes I had for school. I apologize about how short it is and if my writing is shit. Like I said I haven't wrote a story in a while. Well I hoped you like this story, because I had fun writing it while listening to pink.

Anyways I will try way harder to update if I can but for now see you ;)

With love Arima

NEXT UP~???

(06/29/16)