Chapter two: A Horror-ible Friendship

"Knockknock," Papyrus beat upon the door with a gloved fist. A simple password, complete with two knocks. Flowey came up with it, though Papyrus thought it was stupid.

This is literally the first thing everyone does when they see a door.

"Who's there?" asked a tiny voice in a sing-song manner.

"Open the damn door," ordered Papyrus.

"You're in a mood tonight."

"No, I'm not."

Slowly the door slid down into the ground, as the sound of stone grinding against stone echoed through the cave.

Papyrus crossed his arms impatiently.

This always took forever.

Finally, the door completely slid into the ground, and a little golden flower greeted him with a smile.

"Howdy Trashbag!" smiled Flowey with a wiggling dance.

"Good evening Weed," Papyrus smiled and bowed politely, his mood already improving. Flowey's silly smile had that effect on him. The urge to kill Mettaton was completely gone at this point.

"Hmph! Wasn't such a gentleman a few seconds ago." scoffed Flowey playfully.

"The Great Papyrus is ALWAYS a gentleman," replied the skeleton with a smile, "obnoxious plants are an exception though."

The tiny flower frowned in annoyance.

"If I'm an exception, why did you bow at all?" Flowey hated it when Papyrus didn't make sense.

"I wasn't bowing, I was merely checking to see if it was really you. Hard to tell from all the way up here, ya' know?"

Flowey crossed his leaves as if they were arms in mock anger and turned away.

"That's no way to treat your best friend!"

"I'll keep that in mind when I make one," Papyrus replied with a smirk.

Sans is my best friend.

"PHBBTH!"

Flowey blew a raspberry in Papyrus's direction and popped back into the ground.

Holding his arms and still smiling, the skeleton made his way into the Ruins.

He knew where Flowey would be.

He would be in their Special Place. The only place he knew of in the Underground that was touched by real sunlight; pure and bright like a spotlight and unbridled by stained glass windows like in the Judgment Hall. Papyrus loved that place, and wondered how close dawn was. He and Flowey used the light as a timer in order to avoid Her Highness.

It was always a risk visiting Flowey. The Froggits were a chatty monster, and more than once Papyrus had to silence them permanently and quietly. It was best to avoid them all together, but with little to hide behind, it was mostly a matter of luck. He could use his font and change his form, (after all pretending to be someone else was a form of deceit) but the only monsters in the Ruins were either slow, equipped with short stubby legs, or had no legs at all. More than once he thought about changing into Sans and teleporting, but it was dangerous to use a power he didn't understand.