Chapter Twelve: Fonts and Thoughts

Sans turned around and began to walk out of the dump.

"Where are you off to brother?"

"i'd like to talk to you somewhere that enables breathing," Sans replied. "i said some things in that cave I shouldn't have. could we maybe...start over?"

Sans began to walk out of the dump and back into Waterfall.

"Of course brother, one moment."

Papyrus ran out of the cave and pressed the rock switch. The wall came back up, entombing the dead children forever.

The brothers walked into Waterfall and traveled over the docks until the garbage smell was gone.

"That little human you were carrying? I drowned her right over there. I blasted her too. She left a funny cartoonish imprint on the wall back there; did you see it?"

"yeah. her feet are still in her shoes somewhere in that patch of grass."

"Gross. I do hope you were smart enough not to pick them up."

"uhh...yeah. didn't touch em'."

"............"

"what?"

"Nothing."

Papyrus looked to the place where he found the human once more, shuddering at the memory.

"*Munch* *Munch*" A little girl in Temmie armor sat on a dock in Waterfall eating some Temmie Flakes out of a box. She swung her feet back and forth over the water, the tip of her ballet shoes just touching the surface.

She was covered head to toe in dust.

"Hmm hmm hmmm hmmmm..." Humming a tune, she threw the empty box of Temmie Flakes into the water and got up dusting the crumbs off.

"Littering Human? You should know better."

The little girl jumped and looked right to see Papyrus standing on the dock with his arms crossed.

He looked disappointed in her.

"It's okay, this waterfall leads to the dump!" she said cheerfully.

"You've been to the dump have you? You're quite the traveler!"

The small child put her hands behind her back and smiled brightly. "I've explored all over the mountain almost! This place is my favorite..."

Papyrus looked around him and smiled. "It is beautiful isn't it?" said Papyrus wistfully. "My brother adores this place as well. He and many others like to pretend the stones in the ceiling are stars. Someday I hope to show him real stars..."

"That's nice. My mom makes Christmas cookies in the shape of stars around this time of year. She sprinkles them with sugar and they sparkle just like those stones," said the girl pointing up.

Papyrus bent down with his hands on his knees. "You know, many monsters come here and make wishes on these stars. Do you have a wish?"

The little girl thought for a moment, her nose scrunching up and jaw moving to the side. "Ummm...I would like a giant star cookie."