Chapter Seven: A King's Duty

"Papyrus, you are under arrest for the murder of so many people, we can't even name them all."

Papyrus turned around sharply in surprise. He had been waiting for Undyne to show up with the guards in the Grey Corridor, but the captain's loud voice still startled him.

"WHAT?!"

"Don't 'what' me, you little punk! You admitted it back at my place!"

Undyne motioned for the two guards on her right to cuff Papyrus.

"I DID NO SUCH THING! I SAID I KNEW WHO THE KILLER WAS!" yelled Papyrus angrily.

This was planned, but it still upset him off that she'd arrest him without a second thought. A real friend would have talked to him first, then sent him to trial if they couldn't settle things peacefully. A real friend would have tried to find out why he was doing the things he was, tried to get him to change...

"You can tell it to King Asgore, you piece of crap," said Undyne as the guards slapped the cuffs on Papyrus.

She walked ahead of him and a brisk pace, refusing to look back at him.

Papyrus had hoped that he and Undyne could come to an agreement. It was a FACT that his murders were helping the Underground; the only problem was his help was illegal as long as he wasn't a guard.

"THIS IS UNBELIEVEABLE! THE GREAT PAPYRUS WOULD NEVER HARM AN INNOCIENT!"

Undyne and the two guards ignored him. They led Papyrus down the Grey Corridor towards the Judgment Hall in silence.

Papyrus was fuming.

She could of looked the other way. She could of been a friend and put an end to all this peacefully. She could of made him a guard, and he could have continued his work without everyone feeling scared.

But she just haad to play hero.

The worst part was, she fully expected him to be found guilty, and executed.

"NYEHOO HOO HOO! I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU UNDYNE! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?" whined Papyrus as loudly and pitifully as he could. His voice echoed throughout the empty corridor.

Undyne said nothing.

Of course she would.

She didn't care about him. She NEVER cared about him. She was only friends with him because she felt sorry for him. He was just another chance she saw to play hero. A chance to look like a good person and help the poor, friendless, annoying skeleton nobody liked.

Papyrus should of known better.

How dare she...

Reaching the golden hallway, Undyne pushed Papyrus to stand before Asgore.

"Good morning Papyrus," said Asgore with a polite nod.

"GOOD MORNING YOUR MAJESTY," said Papyrus cheerfully, as if he didn't want to tear out Undyne's throat with his teeth.

Undyne grit her own and punched Papyrus in the back of the head.

"OW!"

"STOP TALKING LIKE THAT!" roared the knight captain.

"LIKE WHAT?" asked Papyrus, rubbing the back of his skull.