Chapter Thirty-Two: Turning Over A New Leaf

Everyone stared in shock at the smoking ruin that had been Papyrus's phone. The skeleton's Gaster Blaster had completely annihilated it.

Papyrus walked out of the room briskly heading for the barrier.

Asgore got off his throne and went after the grief-stricken Font. "Stop him! If he touches the barrier he'll turn to dust!"

The children ran after them.

"STOPYOU IDIOT!"    

"The king said no mister Papyrus! You're gonna get hurt!"

Papyrus kept going undaunted by their cries.

"Umm, you're still carrying me..."

"AT LEAST PUT THE BABY DOWN YOU SELFISH BASTARD!"

Papyrus stopped in front of the barrier and everyone skidded to a halt as well.

"You're right. I am a selfish bastard." Papyrus put down the baby and turned to look at Frisk. "Human! You are the last soul we need to break down this barrier. I, the Great Papyrus, challenge you!"

Is he serious?!

Looks like it.

Frisk gasped as a bone whizzed through the air aimed for their head.

BOOF!

The bone attack was blocked by a notebook.

"Stop! We can find another way! We don't need to fight!"

"You're in my way child..."

"Flowey said there was another way! I heard him over the phone!"

BOOF!

BOOF!

Two more bones were shot at Frisk and again they were blocked by Stranger's notebook.

Uhh...Papyrus knows YOU still have the Determination to come back from death right?

He's not thinking clearly.

"If you continue to get in my way, I'll kill you again girl!" Papyrus prepared another bone and sent it flying.

"OOF!" Stranger Danger cried out as the bone attack hit her in the ribs and she fell to the ground onto her back.

She didn't get back up.

"That's enough Papyrus! These children have done you no harm!" yelled Asgore blocking Papyrus with his trident.

"LETEM' GO! I'LL FUCK HIM UP!" Bloodthirsty's eyes glowed yellow as he got into a battle stance.

He killed me?

"There's no need to fight, we can solve this peacefully without bloodshed!"

Mister Papyrus?

"He's asking for it man, he heard Stranger, he just doesn't care." No Fear's eyes were glowing too; orange like Papyrus's.

Papyrus continued hurling bones at Frisk, each one being blocked by Asgore's trident.

"I'm aiming for the human you're Highness!"