Chapter Thirty-One: A Hero Arises, Another Falls

Ugh! Where is it? I know she has at least ONE! Clattering could be heard inside of Undyne's bedroom as San's went through all the things on her dresser.

The room was a total mess. It looked and smelled like someone had confused her room with the dump at Waterfall. Socks and tank tops littered the entire room and the dressers, making it impossible to tell whether or not she had a carpet, wooden, or tile floor. There were even socks on the fan still spinning around slowly above her bed.

And Papyrus thought MY room was bad. He'd flip if he saw this mess.

The small skeleton nearly tripped over a pile of clothes as he tried to reach the chain attached to the fan. Reaching it, he pulled and the light came on making him cringe as he saw all the anime movies and figurines thrown haphazardly onto the next dresser. Not all of them were PG.

I know she has a hairbrush SOMEWHERE. She has to!

Not that he really needed a hair from the captain's head to bring her back. Anything from her would do as long as it was biotic, he just figured a hairbrush would be easier to find.

He was wrong.

This makes me want to clean my room.

UGH! Sans cried out sharply as he almost tripped over something hard hidden within the clothes. he had no idea what it was.

This makes me want to get a NEW room.

Giving up on the bedroom, Sans decided to try the bathroom instead, struggling to reach the door through the sea of clothes. Opening the door to the next room, he found that it wasn't a bathroom, it just smelled like one.

It was of course a workout room. Sans figured Undyne would have one somewhere in the house as big as it was. Unlike the bedroom, this area was neat and tidy with weights stacked up in a corner and the blue carpet vacuumed and spotless. Mirrors lined the walls reminding him of the lab.

I haven't really gotten a good look at myself yet after my font change. Am I really that different from before appearance wise?

Stepping in front of the mirror, he blinked a couple times to make sure what he was seeing wasn't some kind of illusion. He looked so much different from his usual self that it was somewhat surreal. It was like seeing a long-lost twin; it was him, but also a stranger.

Is this...really me?

I look so different...

Sans looked down at his doctor's robe. It had appeared on him the moment his font changed for some reason. He hadn't of given it much thought until now however.

I look like a crazed doctor...then again I am a Horror now, I'm supposed to look scary.

Is this what Papyrus sees all the time though?

Curious, he let his eyes glow green and ended up immediately stopping. A chill had gone through him as he gazed into his green-eyed reflection. He had the same aura as his brother coming from his sockets, but the fact that he liked it made him uncomfortable.

Heh, I guess i'm still a Normy on the inside huh?

Maybe the bathroom is somewhere around here...