Chapter Six: Wake-Up Call

RING!

RING!

RING!

Papyrus's cell phone went off about ten minutes after leaving Undyne's place.

He was surprised it had rung at all, as he assumed Undyne would need at least a day to calm down and sort things out.

"HELLO?"

"hey bro, what's up?"

It was Sans...strange.

"GREETINGS BROTHER! I ASSUME YOU NEED SOMETHING? YOU KNOW I TRAIN WITH UNDYNE AROUND THIS TIME."

"really? Cause' undyne called me and said you just left...and that you were fired."

He knows. Oh god, he knows...

"SHE'S JUST UPSET, THAT'S ALL. I DON'T EVEN HAVE A JOB TO GET FIRED FROM AFTER ALL! NYEH HEH HEH!"

That evil harlot told him! I know she did!

"alright, i was just checking to see if you were okay. i've got some errands to run, so catch ya' later."

"UNDERSTOOD! I LOVE YOU."

She'll pay for this!

"love you too pap, see ya'."

Sans hung up and sat at his post in silence, his sockets dark, and his thought racing.

It was quiet today in the Waterfall area like it was yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. What was once full of socializing monsters was now a barren wasteland in comparison. The population had gone down immensely because of some killer that was running around the Resort area. Sans couldn't even sell hotdogs in Waterfall anymore due to lack of customers.

It was so quiet, the numerous waterfalls were actually loud, which Sans was grateful for. Had it been quiet, it would have felt like a dark tomb.

Sans shivered as a chill ran up his spine.

Undyne had said Papyrus had been fired, but she said a lot of other things too...things Sans wasn't quite sure he believed.

Papyrus?

The serial killer?

The idea had never crossed his mind.

Out of all the people in the Underground, he would have guessed Papyrus last.

Sans tried to picture him strangling someone, or drowning them, or simply blasting them away with his blasters, but he couldn't do it.

He just couldn't see him being anything but naive and silly.

Heh heh heh...what if that's his plan though?

Sans smiled to himself.

It was an entertaining thought.

His little brother, a highly intelligent evil mastermind hell bent on ending the lives of anyone and everyone that ever made fun of him.

"yeah okay, and i'm a human in disguise."

Sans chuckled to himself and got up from his post, teleporting to the docks in Waterfall.