Chapter 3

[Mariana's POV]

Sitting on my bed and just thinking. Life has crazy moments. First meeting Harry, to breaking up with Trey, to becoming friends with Lucy again. This past week has been hectic but its another sign that life is crazy and has ups and downs. "Mariana." I shift and I laugh. Forgetting that Lucy has my keys. I went down to the kitchen. 

"Lucy what is going on?" I notice that both Harry and Lucy are here. "Hey Harry." I bring him in for a side hug. "What is going on?" They both smile at each other. 

"Well, Harry here told me that he was going to take you somewhere." I look at him and wonder where he could possibly want to take me to. "So get changed!" Lucy says, well yells and we laugh. 

"Not before she has breakfast. Come on." Harry says and I notice that he has breakfast carry-out on the table. I sit down, feeling awkward that I am the only one eating. "I will be back at around 12. It is 10 right now, give you enough time?" I nod and he leaves out the door. 

When he leaves, Lucy gives me a look. "Lucy, don't ask, I have no idea." 

"He likes you I can tell. Yesterday when you guys were walking on your own, he trusts you. Never knew someone could trust a boy, and vice versa so fast. It is amazing." I nod as she says this. I know why she trusts me, I trusted him and told him what my family went through.  "Its like..." She was speechless. "It's almost seems as though you have known him a while, that is how he makes it seem." 

"Not yet." I say to her and as I finish the pancakes and start drinking the orange juice, it becomes a thought. When I held his hand, it seemed as if, I was talking to my brother. Even thought it wasn't him. Memories of Shawn flood through my mind. "I am going to take a shower, I will finish the OJ after the shower." I tell her. "You could make yourself at home." 

"I am going to go back to bed. At my house, just tell me about today later." I nod and take a shower. 

"Shawn!" I yell. My brother seems to be acting difficult. Like not himself. "Shawn, are you okay?" I panic and cry. Mom and dad both left for business, leaving him in charge of me. 

"Get off me, you bitch" He yells and then I cry. I have no idea what he does with his friends but it does not seem like any good. Sometimes he is so sweet and kind, but this week has been the week from hell. Angela his boyfriend broke up with him and he has been numb ever since. I am in my room and crying to a song that always calmed me down.  I counted to thirty and I was wondering what took him over the edge. Was our family enough. "Mariana...." I heard and his voice seems calmer. He came in the room and I was speechless. He hit me. "You are the reason I am this way. You are the reason I am a druggie." He cried and punched my wall. To this day I still have the hole in the wall... it was the last of whatever we had. I cried and I walked out. 

Shawn, he wasn't that way. He mostly was tolerable and tolerant of others. I get out of the shower and I changed into a black bra and a black panties, aqua colored jeans and a white t-shirt with blue stripes. Looking at the clock I see that it is 11 and that I have one more hour. So I start to clean up the kitchen and then put makeup on. For shoes, I decided to do some flip flops since it is mid-June. I wonder where in the world we are going. I sit down and check my phone for the first time this morning. Hey, ***** why the hell did we break up again? II know that it came from Trey. I responded back, Just see how you are. You changed and it became annoying after a while. I let him know again and I blocked him with ease since I have an iPhone. I am so excited. Harry is a mystery.